Looking for some advise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LifeLine89

Hello im new to the site but been reading the forums for a while. Ill be trading in my 97 breeze for a 89 civic 3dr, soon. its fully stock 4 speed and all. only mod to it is lowerd. Its my first car that ill be souping up. Question is i want it to look mean,and have more balls then the mcdonalds play pin. me and 5 of my friends picked up sum imports and srating up a lil crew. in my town theres only 2 ppl with ricers,they talk crap all the time and i wanna put htem in there place (they are brothers) money is tight at the moment. ive never done this kind of thing before so idk how its gona turn out. its got the stock moter in it(dunno what it is i forgot) and one of my friends hasa ls vtech brand new with gr40r tein turb just laying around on sum tires. or i can get a ls out of a tegra with 145k on it.. i wanted to put a body kit on it but i heard they are out of style. friend told me to get a lip kit but i think its retarted i know its my car i can do w/e i want ot it but idk what im doing, i have 1 colours i want to paint it, candy apple red or slimer. i like the lime green it stands out well, but candy apple red is just plain out "tits". can any one direct me to sites for parts and give a few pointers on whats good mods and crap mods?
ty in advance.

Do some more researching and check Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com HIGHLY reputable source for motorswaps and they sell complete changeovers. Get a turbo kit. Whatever you want. It's really up to you. Quality turbo kits are greddy, turbonetics, revhard, and there's a few others.

Then for the looks just look around for bodykits/lip kits and if you see one you like don't worry about "out of style" or "tits" just throw it on and tell the haters to fuck themselves :thumbsup: because they'll have nothing to say to a swapped and turbocharged crx.

ight thnx ill look around, i like body kits alot but i heard fiberglass oens are a pain to install.. any other way around this or was it just that paticular kit .

I've never put on a body kit I just bought my car with z3 fenders. I'm gonna buy one after I turbocharge tho because, to me, a car with a bodykit and paintjob HAS to be justified with power or else you're just another ricer.

true true, so do engine work first then out side work then i need interior cuz seats n carpit are shot. what engine would you recamend?

i would recomend a mini me... get a single zc bottom end and a z6 head... it will tear... never under estimate a single... lol trust me

ok dude screw the zc bs and mini me swaps you don't wanna go that route i would suggest building a ls or going with a gsr or doing a whole lsv swap if you doit it right you will turn heads and don't worry about the body kit and lip kit till you figure out what your going to do with the motor i would rather have a car that had a fully built motor than a car with a bodykit and if you get a body kit it's going to crack unless you go with poly o yeah what state do you live in and do you have emissions test?

my buddy had a mini me in his crx and it beat gsrs all day.. easy and they werent stock gsrs either... thats just what i suggested.... but if i had the car i would do lsv... ive had it for 6 months now and i love it.. wasnt cheap but i love it

What's so retarded about lips?

And this...

88_civichbfeelzcomplete.jpg

...is somehow not retarded???

im in new york, and i was looking at the blitz,everytihng is good on it cept the front not my style, now i might not get the civic i mght get my friends tegra,i liek it but needs alot of work inside and out,but it will have that brand new ls vtech in itwith the twin turb new tranny and all. needs body work whole car is gona need mud work and the brakes lock up and squel all the time. im imbaresd to drive the damn thing..

im in new york, and i was looking at the blitz,everytihng is good on it cept the front not my style, now i might not get the civic i mght get my friends tegra,i liek it but needs alot of work inside and out,but it will have that brand new ls vtech in itwith the twin turb new tranny and all. needs body work whole car is gona need mud work and the brakes lock up and squel all the time. im imbaresd to drive the damn thing..

You're confused about a lot of things. First off, it's "VTEC", not "vtech". V-Tech is a company that makes phones and children's toys. And secondly, I seriously doubt your friend's motor has a twin turbo setup. That's generally a no-no for 4-cylinder motors. I suggest you do some reading and some research before you jump into the tuning world.

Lol, just get a b16a. Cheapest bang for the buck. Unless you want a D-series which can easily reach 400whp for less than $3000 not including the motor.

sry for saying vtech, i have a vtech phone, and as for the turbo,im only putting down what he said to me, and i do research and tense why im on here,and sure i dont know everything about a car ass end to front end and everywhere inbetween sry i cant be perfect auto is not my trade. i fabercate,ive made my own shift knob from scratch to my liking forFREE, you probily paid 120 bucks for a a gayed out yellow one. thx for the advise tho,but i can handle it now,evan with my V-TECH WITH TWIN TURBO.

yep make that bitch a sleeper stock exhaust with a straght pipe and dam dude i had a friend who had that set up and he was smoking mustangs left and right

You're confused about a lot of things. First off, it's "VTEC", not "vtech". V-Tech is a company that makes phones and children's toys. And secondly, I seriously doubt your friend's motor has a twin turbo setup. That's generally a no-no for 4-cylinder motors. I suggest you do some reading and some research before you jump into the tuning world.

Hehe don't let Blanco catch you mispelling VTEC...

Don't take this wrong but a little spell checking and proper use of the english language would make it easier to read your posts.

I cited brutal once before this evening on this same topic. READ!!! He was right then and is remains so now. Otherwise you will end up with a money pit and an add that says something like "Honda for sale, lots of mods, cheap..." Which is the same as saying you got sick of it or more often you went broke and accomplished nothing. The integra that i purchased from some kid is the end result of one such failed endeavour.

Man i sound like my father... (well i am a father now so hell...)

I am all for exploration and a generous amount of tinkering. Be aware that the aftermarket is much like the body building supplement market; offering all sorts of inflation for minimal work. Tuning as it is called is more than simple solutions and ebay miracles. A solid plan, a ready supply of cash, tools, space and time are all major components.

Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum. Be aware however it is not easy to give a ground up expose on engine building, transmissions and what not. Reading will create its own set of questions and are much more easily addressed when broken down into specifics. I asked a lot of entry level stuff and i dont claim any sort of mechanical expertise. However, i did my reading first.

I have several books that i can recommend if you wish.

I don't mean to discourage i only offer a word of warning.

Back