Looking for some help with a mini me swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Statis

I recently bought an 88 crx with a mini me swap already put in it. I know I didn't spend enough time lookign the car over when I purchased it but anyhow. I discovered that the guy had cut the CRX harness and spliced in the harness for the p28. As it stands now I have replaced the computer, rewired the ecu, replaced the O2 sensor with a 4wire, replaced the cap and rotor, and the spark plugs. The car will try to trun over but it takes it awhile to get a spark, once it runs the car runs rich. I have been through the wireing over and over and I am running outta ideas. If anyone can please help. SO far this car has become a wiring nightmare with what the guy had doen to it. I have also had the car start and die right away.

well it could be a dead ecu that you put in it. all i can say is get a full wiring harness out of another crx and replace it. that will fix all if the wiring problems but its a bitch.
chances are theres a wire or two that you may have accidentally crossed.
good luck though.

so, it is OBD1, correct? does it have OBD1 injectors? does it have the injector resistor box (shouldn't if it has OBD1 injectors) - can you get ECU error codes?

P28 ECU= OBD1
Are you sure its obd1 injectors and dizzy?

I got it started, but I have found out that the fuel pressure regulator is bad so i have a new one on its way(I am stationed in Germany). Also right now it is throwing the following codes 3,4,6,7,10. I think something is crossed in my wiring or I missed a ground but I have the day off and a multimeter so I am going to work on it. I will keep you all updated. THanks for the help so far.

Found something new

Well I am happy to say after a day of fun I think I have figured out the problem. The car seems to have a short somewere. I keep blowing the same fuse in the engine comparement. Good news though it runs pretty good now, just need to track down the short. It is the fuse off the white/green wire in the engine fuse box. If anyone has a though let me know please.

Back