Looking for swap info for 86 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mkoplin69

I have been looking around online for info on swap for the 3 gen civic/CRX and have had no luck. The stock engine has 257,000 miles on it and is getting a little tired. I would like to drop something with some more juice in there. I'm looking for something that is bolt in or near bolt in with junkyard or honda parts. From what i have been reading the ZC seems to be a near bolt in deal, The B16 gets mentioned alot too however there is not much info or pics to back any of this up. Can anyone point me to a site or tell me which swap is simpler and what road blocks there with each engine. Any info would be great. I'm just in the planning phase right now.

the brown valve cover ZC from JDM 86-87 Integra is the easiest swap to accomplish - bolts right in - you will need transmission, intermediate shaft, axles, knuckles/hubs and shift linkage from 86-89 USDM Integra - ECU from 86-87 USDM Integra (not 88-89) - use your Si engine harness (plugs right in) - you can swap in a B16 but you will need mount kit, rear bracket, wiring harness, torsion bars and shift linkage from Hasport plus a lot of other wiring changes - can get pretty expensive - prices from Hasport: mount kit=$649, shift linkage=$219, wiring harness=$349 (doesn't address VSS or VTEC), rear bracket=$75, axles=$399, torsion bars=$349 - not worth it, in my opinion

Back