Looking for the real JDM?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I'll make this quick. I own a TSX and my front end got fucked up by a rock on the freeway a couple of days ago. I would really like to get a hold of a true JDM Honda factory front bumper and body kit(not the USDM OEM style). i know thats it is considered the type R or Euro R accord everywhere but in the states. where would I start to look for such an item? i am assuming the local honda dealer will not have JDM part numbers even if I knew tham. Any help would be great.

matt

I can get you the part numbers from the German dealer, but getting them in the states will still be a pain, since they are not US market.

would those numbers work for any dealer outside the US or does euro and jap markets differ in part #'s also?

matt

How the hell did your whole front end get fucked up from a rock? How big was the rock?

not the whole front end. I have 3 large gouges in the lower middle part of the bumper. I was going to get a USDM OEM lip kit from honda. Now that my bumper is fucked, I want to replace with the Euro/JDM one. If i am going to that much trouble, then I want to get the lip kit also.
matt

From my understanding, coming from Honda dealers, if the part is not USDM, even with the number, they can't order it. As far as ordering it from Eurpe or Japan, they should be the same.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 21 2004, 11:42 AM
From my understanding, coming from Honda dealers, if the part is not USDM, even with the number, they can't order it. As far as ordering it from Eurpe or Japan, they should be the same.

That must be a Honda thing, because I can order the RC front end for my car, which was never sold in the US, through Toyota.

My front end:
54.JPG

RC front end, all Toyota OEM parts:
My_GT-Four_145.jpg

My_GT-Four_149.jpg

My_GT-Four_150.jpg

My_GT-Four_148.jpg

Basterd!---92b16vx-can you get me the part numbers for the front bumper and the JDm lip kit(front back and sides) in Satin Slver color? that would be great. So I take it that there are no Company's in th US imoprting OEM JDM shit?

I don't know, I am in Germany :), but I heard there are some dealers in Cali that can do it, don't know any off hand, but most of the ones I talk to say that even with hte part number they can't because it isn't in the US system. I'll try to get htere tomorrow, but they close at noon, so maybe on Monday.

www.aj-racing.com will have it.

Go to the website, from the left menu, click on JDM Honda, then click on Euro R/TSX (CL7) link, I know they have the Euro R front lip, and grill as normal order items, but getting the entire front bumper shouldnt be a problem at all. Just send them an email (will probably be Ben Leung) and ask. Great guys.

Depending where you are, they have distributors in CA, FL, SC, GA, OR, and a bunch near me (Toronto, Canada).

At the least they will definately be able to tell you what the part number is.

Peace.

http://www.aj-racing.com/JDM-CL7.html
here is the link......sorry, was being lazy.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 21 2004, 05:26 PM
If you're "looking for the real JDM," why are you looking to import a EDM bumper?

Alright than let me change that-Non USDM--better. I talked to passwordjdm.com and they said to ive them a couple of days to locate it. AJ racing .com has everything I need with the exception of the front bumper. If anyone else thinks of other sites let me know. I'm sure this could be a situation that I could get jammed on cost if i don't look at all of my ptions as far as importers go.

matt

SO is AFI like your band? I don't mean that literaly. what other bands do you listen to?

Back