looking to be another busy weekend.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I FINALLY have a weekend off from work. its been about a month + or - a day or two...

so, here's the plans.

tonight, im going to try to finish the del sol as much as i can. the motor is in the car already- just gotta finish wiring it up, running the knock wire to the p30, install the rear mount, pick up E's stock exhaust, take off the 3", remove the walbro 255 pump, install the stock one, put the interior back together, put the axels on, and the wheels on, remove the turbo timer, install distributor, and put the shift linkage/bitch pin together. i think that's all thats left. i should be able to knock that out tonight, so long as i don't run into any problems. move it out of the garage into the driveway- put a for sale sign on it--move hatch into garage.

tomorrow,

perform the suspension swap. take the tein ha's/itr lca's off the sol and swap it with the suspension parts from the hatch, one corner at a time. lol thats going to be a bitch running back and forth between the two cars... but it needs to be done so i have some-what stock suspension on the sol, and the teins, even though i hate them, on the hatch. its better than whats on there.

afternoon, its a radiator swap. take the PWR from the del sol, and put it on the hatch. then top off the del sol with all fluids and make it drivable.

now, if i still have day light and im not burned out, its time to prep the hatch.
i have p73 pistons/rods to put in the block, wil's head with the skunk2 stg2 cams, skunk IM, and rc 310's. finish it up, get the wireharness all straightened out and all the sensors plugged in. i picked up an itr throttle cable and bracket, so i will need to swap those off the gsr as well.
i need to pick up a headgasket, intake manifold gasket, oil pan gasket, and rod bearings.... so i'll go shopping to autozone/acura for these-- maybe i'll do that sat morning first thing.

sunday, i need to dop the crank pulley, and drop the tranny to get the pistons/rods out-- i think. i never dropped a crank with the motor in the car/tranny attached. i think i need to take the clutch off and see whats behind it there. at least, the crank pulley must be coming off... so thats a lot of work... just to do a quick piston swap. the pistons already have the rods on 'em, so it will be cake.

i may hold off on this. i don't know... we'll see how i feel.

then, there's always getting the car up in the air on the jackstands and getting the brake system prepped for removal.

i got the master/booster i can install, and i need to score a 4040 PPV for the rear's ( i don't think the kit comes with it)
and then, drain all the fluid and stuff, rip off the lines/calipers/rotors, etc and get ready for my 11" fastbrakes conversion thats in the mail :)

lots of work... probably won't do half of this this weekend, cuz im supposed to go to a mini HMT meet at hotrex's house to help with a turbo install.... but i don't plan on staying long, cuz i got my own shit to take care of. we'll see what happens...

and i still need to score a new exhaust, as my GTII RS*R is too loud, and i was told not to come back until i get it fixed.. lol so if anyone wants that thing, let me know.. i think im going to pick up the EX mag that supposedly quiet as hell. hope i can get it here in a week... cuz autoX again is the 17th, next sunday.
and sat. i have a wedding to go to out of state... which means that friday night, or whatever night my brakes show up and my wheels, is when i do that conversion... and
shit, i very well might not being making the 17th's auto x :(

but if i do-- whatch out street mod... here pissedoffhatch2 comes (pissedoffhatch #1 is taken by wild bill... lol)

hehe

so, whats on your adgenda for the weekend?

still wokring 12 hour days till the 15th, can't wait to get greasy again though

my list is a bit longer than your though
lol

Why not park the two cars right next to each other and just buy two extra sets of jack stands? You can swap the suspensions much easier that way. :)

my driveway isn't flat... so its not easy. and go figure, i have 6 jackstands, but not 8. lol

damn B, you're taking apart my hatch :-/

good luck with all that homie- Hope it works out

My weekend agenda goes something like this:

work tonight 10-2am, work tomorrow 11am-9pm

then cards tomorrow night at John's

work sunday at 11-5pm and then in the car and back to school for another exciting week of education

luckily, after receiving paychecks and tips from this weekend, I'll be able to get my new motor in the mail and to my house in two weeks :)

then i need to order a FMIC, pipes, bends and a muffler for my exhaust and a clutch

my excitement doesn't start until the third week of may :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 8 2005, 04:10 PM
my driveway isn't flat... so its not easy. and go figure, i have 6 jackstands, but not 8. lol
[post=484844]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I have 3 swaps to do but 2 of the cars are in the same place so that is not bad but I'm sure only one will get done this weekend. I just got laid off from my job today so I need the money. I'm glad people are starting throw my name around now when they need stuff done because the extra money come in handy.

B i have 4 jackstands here
so the only issue is the non flat driveway

swapping pistons . . .

this does not require removing the crank pulley or the clutch/trans.
but removing wrist pins requires a few special tools and a press.

sounds like my day saturday.. but only one car

ehh my weekend consists of:

-car club meeting saturday nite
-find someone to help me lower my truck
-cookout on sunday at my house

well, i didn't get shit done on the sol.

lol

tbone called me up at about 800 and needed a walbro pump for his new 99siT that he picked up. he has a dyno appointment tomrrow, so I gave him a hand with that. pulled the walbro out of the sol (wanted to do that anyway) and they headed over to tbone's.

installed the pump. swaped it over with the si's stock pump. the previous owner did a hack job of an inline bullshit. cut hardlines and everything- what a mess. luckily tom already had that taken care of.
pulled the seats, swaped the pump into the si's carriage, put the stock pump back in mine.. (i brought the whole sending unit, as we were sure if it was going to plug in or not- walbro has a differne't part number) well, its 100% bolt in if anyone cares. EG pump fits the EM1 pump holder and harness.

finished t-bolt clamping the IC piping together, ran the wideband, installed the turboXS MBC, started to plugin the laptop to the hondata for some street tuning...
and then bam, fuck. forgot the lighter power adapter. lol there goes that plan. heh.

so, we took it out anyway. it already had a map on the 550's so we figured it will be safe to go for a couple puls around the block. crnaked the MBC all the way down... hitting like 6 psi. weak. lol pull over... make some turns.. woohoo- 9/10 :) still kinda weak... ass dyno says about 220. one more time, we pull over and turn it some more...
12/13! and she books! :)

motor is a sleeved b16 with 9:1 pistons with a revhard kit.

no sound of detonition, no breaking up.
didn't need the hondata at all anyway. shes good how she is :)

so, now its 1230, and im home, but i didn't get shit done on the car. But, i retuned afavor to a buddy in need :)

so tomorrow, im going to go shopping in the morning for gaskets and bearings, and fluids, and then i'll be in the garage. if anyone wants to stop by, they are more than welcome.

the sol lives :ph34r:

hehe

cranked her over just now. no codes. I didn't even hook in the knock wire yet either... odd... oh well.

time to put the axles in it, hook up the shift linkage, and put on the rear mount. other than the radiator swap and physically connecting the knock wire, thats all thats left :)

maybe i'll do the front end suspension swap... we'll see.

Congrats....

I got jack shit done this week-end...

spent most of the time running the wife around to flea markets and the malls.....

but...I did get the Jeeps oil change done, the garage floor mostly done, I now have a work space, I got to get a drivers side axle for the civic, but I'm running out of money, but I hit the civic with a sandblaster on a few of the rust spots...then treated the area's...and I washed the Z today...looks good...but not show quality. No money for any real paint, I can't find decent sixed vinyles for the rood, and the wheel wells are showing a lot of damage from road crap from all the drifting an autocrossing. Even if I spent 2-3 days buffing it out, and cleaning up the car....it still wouldn't look good enough to impress anyone. I think I may give up on the Formula Drift Show in NJ, and just work on the CRX engine and get the swap rolling so it may be emmissioned by the 20th...if I had just an extra $1000 I could get some real shit done to the Z, and have some fun while the wife is out of the house...but it's not going to happen, I'd rather spend the money in Japan and have more REAL fun with the wife. On one hand, I want to show off the Z, watch some real drifting, meet new freinds, hang out with the crowd, and get back and try to autocross the next day and do some more sliding around while looking like I'm actually trying to get a good time on the the clock......but I should in reality, try to get the Civic road legal, and road safe, might install the sterio I bought from Prowler, and a box and amp, then build up the CRX....to have fun with all the tires I bought, that are just sitting here collecting dust....or try to get some more housework done, and surprise the wife with it when she gets home in a month....

God damn it, someone apply me to Pimp my ride, and extreme home make-over :ph34r:

I ramble too much :p

too many projects, too little money, and no time. :(

but, I guess if I spend the rest of this year prepping and tuning the cars, get more parts, build up a collection...then I might be able to go full blown race mode next year. :ph34r:

werd, i hear that...

well, i gave up on the rear mount. i can't do it by myself. need someone to hold the motor with the jack and title it while i feed the bolts through.... just need another set of hands. but she fired right up a second time too :) i started the axels, and then i decided that it would be best to wait until i get the rear mount in. so, i put the pwr radiator back in the sol. fuck it. i don't even want it in the hatch. its a POS. never really fit good at all, and the fan is all fubar and front-mounted pusher style... shoulda got a fluidyne.... but anyway...

shift linkage is on... lost the bitch pin... spent 30 min looking for it. finally found it under a pile of old cigarette butts. lol damn smokers :p

got that on and the stablizer bar.

put the front bumper back on... can't find any of the hardware to mount it. lol i remember putting it in a zip lock bag somewhere.... but i can't find it. my garage is a freakin mess. i can't wait till this thing is done.... get some room.

i dropped the front Tein's off the sol... but its almost 830 now and dark, so swapping with the hatch is out of the question... too dark in the driveway to deal with that shit. i'll do it tomorrow.

so, whats left:

rear mount, axels, suspension swap, connect knock wire to ecu (already ran and shrink wrapped in the bay) bleed the slave cly. on the clutch, fill it with coolant. do an oil change (still has the jdm oil in it. lol) and fill the tranny with tranny fluid.

finally, i'll need to rip off the 3" exhaust.
i'm kinda scared... the oem b16 header doesn't even come close to lining up with the 3" thats still hanging there... a good 3" gap..... eeek. i may need to get some custom exahust action in effect. also, i need an intake of some sort... still open throttle body :p anyone got a ractive POS they want to dontate to pissedoffsol? :p

well, i think thats it for me for a while... shower time, and then im going to get coffee with neon mike... soon to be turboneonmike :)

then, tomorrow, going to the HMT meet for a little bit tomorrow morning, then back to the garage.

cyaz

well, no one seems to care anymore... lol

so how about some pics? :p some of the cars and stuff, and some radom shit... i got trigger happy :)

the sol is just about back together up top. completely mounted (thanks to neon mike for lending me a hand with the gay rear mount) she runs. i swapped the front suspension (the tein ha's) onto the hatch, and put the skunk2 crapers on the sol. if i'm motiveated tomorrow after work, i'm going to do the rears.

anyway, heres some readom pics i took after i was done for the day. probably should'a taken more throughout the day, but ohh well.

Attachments

• DSC01232.JPG
    DSC01232.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC01233.JPG
    DSC01233.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC01234.JPG
    DSC01234.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC01235.JPG
    DSC01235.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC01236.JPG
    DSC01236.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC01237.JPG
    DSC01237.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC01238.JPG
    DSC01238.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC01239.JPG
    DSC01239.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC01242.JPG
    DSC01242.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01243.JPG
    DSC01243.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 134
Werd got most of my stuff knocked out too.. you can check out the thread.. i might be headed up your way too B.. might have to get to gether for lunch

Don't worry B- I'll be posting up shit as soon as I move into the house, and nobody's going to pay attention to that either. Good work though!

What interior parts do you need for the sol? My buddy just wrecked his and is parting it out. He has sold alot of it but he may still have what you need. And nice way to keep up the hood on the sol :)

Back