looking to be another busy weekend.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ITB's... out of the question. too unreliable, too impossible to tune, too overkill for what i'm building. i know you're an itb whore-- lol and thats cool. they just aren't for me. not until im making 240 whp and can't make anymore without them.

i went to a 16, because brian @ fast brakes said the wilwood 11" kit wouldn't clear 15" slipstreams. so, i looked around for something else, and i found those volks for sale, so i bought them. plus, it lets me run a 215 tire on an azenis :) and one i get the better FDR, the gearing won't be as much of an issue any more anyway. this is a race car, not a street car anymore. i will be driving this to/from the autox lot.. and thats about it. i still like the 15's for a street car. the black, i have black slips on the car now... so its not going to be a big change really at all. i really don't care what it looks like. its a race car, not a show car.

swaybar- none.

i've been doing some reading lately.... and i have a good idea on how to set up my car.

i will have 0 sways, 0 ties, and 0 strut tower bars.

damn, those wheels are quite expensive...

i don't even think i wanna know how much the rest of the stuff is running you...

plug and play my ass! lol

took tbone about 5 hours on the dyno just to get a decent curve. everytime a second pull was made, the graph was all over the place. they are way too un predictable IMO

why run without a rear swaybar? I would almost rather run a rear swaybar and roll on snow tires then no swaybar and run on azenies. It is by far the greatest one mod that I did for my handling.

the greatest mod you can do for handeling is fixing the loose nut behind the wheel :)

I have NO problems with plowing. my ass end is loose as it is.

the hatch drives WAY different than the del sol does... in the sol, i'd have a 5" lead pipe rear sway on that thing. lol more plowing than a famer in a field.
in the hatch, its so easy to get sideways/loose/oversteer.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Apr 13 2005, 11:12 AM
as i cannot speak or read japanese, how much are the prices on them bad boys? (just out of curiosity)
[post=486612]Quoted post[/post]​

the first link was 243,000yen....around $2,430.00

the second one has a BIN of about $930

the last one has a starting bid of $1000....but it may sell for close to $2000+

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 13 2005, 03:25 PM
why run without a rear swaybar? I would almost rather run a rear swaybar and roll on snow tires then no swaybar and run on azenies. It is by far the greatest one mod that I did for my handling.
[post=486725]Quoted post[/post]​

you have to keep in mind he is setting up for autoX in a bumpy ass parking lot, where the top speed is about 60mph and most corners are between 20 and 35mph
he is looking for a loose setup, and at those low speeds you can afford to be as loose as you want
its not like he is ever coing to see a 80+mph turn where a loose car = a severe crash, on an autoX course

i dunno. its not for sale yet. just like it wasn't on page two.

it WILL be for sale when it is back to running status.

Originally posted by Airjockie+Apr 13 2005, 04:24 PM-->
Speedracer228
@Apr 13 2005, 11:12 AM
as i cannot speak or read japanese, how much are the prices on them bad boys?  (just out of curiosity)
[post=486612]Quoted post[/post]​

the first link was 243,000yen....around $2,430.00

the second one has a BIN of about $930

the last one has a starting bid of $1000....but it may sell for close to $2000+
[post=486757]Quoted post[/post]​

i guess ya get what ya pay for......

Back