Looking to buy a used car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whats the point in financing something that im assuming you are going to get to save money on gas and whatnot?

if thats all you are looking for in a car, you can find much better cars, at much better prices than that.

whats the point in financing something that im assuming you are going to get to save money on gas and whatnot?

if thats all you are looking for in a car, you can find much better cars, at much better prices than that.

i wouldn't get the car unless i got it for a steal.

the 2006 only has 36,000 miles on it and a dealer warranty, bumper to bumper until december. I need something new. my old ass truck is killing me. it's not easy to drive, park, or commute in.

Buy an Accord 4-dr 5speed. It holds its value, easy to work on and will last forever. If you are looking to buy a car to save money do not even entertain the thought of buying a German car.

SH's are nice, but all 97+ Preludes have the same issues with the FRM cylinder liners deteriorating and causing massive oil consumption issues.

so i got my loan pre-approved. now i can walk into the dealership when i find something i want.

i'm still leaning towards a mini, but i can still be convinced something is better. I could get a G35, but it would defeat the purpose of having something easy on gas and easy get around the city in. plus the resale will probably drop pretty fast.

any more ideas? budget has expanded to $14-$17k.

Get an 09 or 10 Fit Sport. Fun to drive, good on gas, low maintenance, great resale, holds lots of shit inside. It's one of the most practical cars you can buy. Who cares if it looks funky.

how about 1 more K and have a brand new car with a 100k warranty with 180 hp, bluetooth, ipod, etc etc etc

Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America
or

should get 30+mpg, and probably pretty fun to drive with 173 hp 6 spd.

and since it's a kia, and it's loaded with air bags, insurance on it is dirt cheap, effectively making your monthly cost on it lower than a used car like a mini that is costly to insure.

no idea about re-sale, but i wouldn't bother. after its' paid off, keep it for the full 10 years as basically a 'free' car for DD, and then get your toy for fun.

There is no way 95b16coupe will be rocking a kia in 2-3 years when he graduates. NO WAY.

I say go TSX for mileage, reliability, lil bit of luxury and resale value.

how about 1 more K and have a brand new car with a 100k warranty with 180 hp, bluetooth, ipod, etc etc etc

or

should get 30+mpg, and probably pretty fun to drive with 173 hp 6 spd.

and since it's a kia, and it's loaded with air bags, insurance on it is dirt cheap, effectively making your monthly cost on it lower than a used car like a mini that is costly to insure.

no idea about re-sale, but i wouldn't bother. after its' paid off, keep it for the full 10 years as basically a 'free' car for DD, and then get your toy for fun.

depreciation on those things are insanely bad.

the only way to own one of those and not end up fucked is if you drive it til it wont drive any more.

which is usually about 100,001 miles.

Resale isn't great, sure... but its a keeper beater for the long term.

kia's come a long way in the past few years man.. remember, they are the sister company to hyundai. And while my hyndai is no bmw, it blows away my oild sti in terms of fit/finish.

yeah, they may have come a long way, but when you started off complete shit, a long way still isnt quite enough.

hyundai has shown more improvement than kia.

they moved into a different market, they are making cars with more luxury and more performance than before.

kia is still making cheap shitty cheap cars that probably wont hold up past 5 years and will be on craigslist with insane depreciation.

Back