1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to fab 3'' downpipe

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by boostedf22, Jul 2, 2007.

1. boostedf22

boostedf22 dis is why im not

in the land of OZ
    Ok , Since no one makes a direct bolt on 3'' downpipe for my accord. I am going to make my own . I have a tig welder, mig welder. No pipe bender. I could get access to one . But there has to be a way to get by with out it ? My turbo knowledge is at a min.... The turbo is a t3/t4oe .57 trim. 5 bolt exhaust pattern. Or six. hell I cant remember. I think its 5 bolts. Crap , now I have need to go look .

Now with this mod, I want to also take on the challenge of a Ram turbo manifold. With no example to mach-up. That might be complicated. What is the best air flow pattern for a turbo ?

Has anyone here done this before and could offer some advice , thats kewl .

The best place to purchase materials ?

I will def post some pics of the process and finshed product.
  2. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

Its really quite simple to make a downpipe. I use a chop saw to cut down the mandrel bends. Then you weld them together. Check out this site this is where i got all of my bends for my intercooler piping and downpipe. Look in the flange section also they sell the 5 bolt flange you will need for your downpipe also. Mild Steel Mandrel Bends
Draft saved Draft deleted