1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to keep it.. now a gsr infi needed

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by hater2587, Sep 3, 2003.

1. hater2587

hater2587 Junior Member

ok. i have a 91 civic si with a b16a. i want a gsr.. i have the hasport mounts for the b16a will they work for a gsr ?

what extra wiring is involved ?

understood i cant use a cable to hydrolic trans engine.. splines are different

thanks

brian

heres to you ctr/itr guys.. check you rear view ima comming

:worthy:

2. civichbwithb18a1

civichbwithb18a1 Member

from what i know, but dont take only my word for it, the cable B series tranny will go into the gsr and the wiring should be the same. now on the wiring issue just use your b16 wiring. and for a fact the aftermarket mounts will let you drop any B series motors into your car.

3. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i have a gsr in my 91 rex, and you will need to take the drivers side bracket (connects the block to mount and bolts to block under timing belt cover) from your b16 engine and put it on the gsr engine. you will need to do the same with your rear tranny bracket. the gsr engine has different brackets, so in order to use the hasport mounts you need this bracket because hasport doesnt make a kit specifically for that engine into an ef. and yes your b16 tranny will work and will be less of a pain sice it all bolts right up and is cable. i believe you will need a clutch for a 92+ bseires engine, but it could be 94+, im not sure. also there is a little wiring necesary, like wiring for obd1 and wiring up the IAB's but shouldnt be too bad if you get an obd1 engine (94-95). or you could keep the b16a head and do no wiring since the b16 is already in your car, but you will have lower compression with the b16 head. also something to realize is that the exhaust wont line up. you wont be able to use the b16 header because its too short since the gsr's deck height is taller then the b16, so you will have to get it extended to fit, or get your cat extended, or whatever. i think thats about it. hope i was some help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted