Looking to SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AccordH22PWr

Hae everybody, brand new here. Just totaled my Turbo Cavi and am buying an accord. Obviously just having a turbo cavi at 13 p.s.i. makes the stock f22 motor invalid to drive. My first mod is defaintely going to be the h22a prelude swap. If i get a 92-93 accord what year h22a engine will i have to get to be smog legit? Also anybody recommend professional install or do it yourself? Thanks guys

just get h22 from hmotorsonline. the h22 should match accord nicely. check hmotorsonline.com they have decent deals on h22s. definately get the complete changeover if you have the money (engine, wiring harness, ecu, tranny) i think the complete changeover for a "H22a 92-95" changeover is about $2000 or $2200. i only assume since you had a turboed car you would like a turbo on it so i'd stick with that year since the compression is 10.0:1 usdm or 10.6:1 jdm. i think some of the newer ones have like 11:1 compression

yep, just saw it on hmotors thanks

edit: didnt feel like making another post.
dont the newer h22's got something different with the heads tho? its not a big deal. i dunno, if i had the money to do all that i'd just buy the motor and have someone do all of it for me cuz i'm lazy :) but yeah, reckedracing is right. it can be a diy project if you have all the info/research.

H22 is pretty much the same for all years, but you will prob want the OBD1 ecu to keep it smog legal, and then all the motor sensors/electronics that go along with the OBD1 ecu

this swap is fairly easy/straight forward, and can be done as a DIY as long as you know what you;re doing and know hondas...

there was another guy on here thats doing a H23 to H22 swap WITH a professional mechanic and he still got everything all fucked up

you need to know hondas, and you need to know honda swaps or you'll be pulling your hair out...

sounds like its your first honda swap so either find friends who know, get a professional WHO KNOWS HONDA SWAPS, or do lots and lots of research and reading before you even begin

Back