looking to upgrade my front brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm currently thinking of upgrading my front brakes. I'm thinking of doing a big brake conversion for my front. I don't really want to spend money on those aftermarket big brake kits. I'm wondering if i could put larger calipers and larger rotors from another honda? My car is a 92 civic si hatch.

Do the five-lug type R conversion all around. And get Type R rims while you're at it. :D

j/p, you could swap in Integra GSR brakes, I believe they're bigger than Si brakes.

depending on your goals, a nice set of brembo blanks, good pads (hawk, axxis etc) braided stainless lines and some motul dot 5.1 fluid is a real nice setup. works great on the street, auto x etc.

Unless you want the bling affect of a 5 lug, or some other big brakes.

-Chris

really, the lines do not effect braking that much. They are more for a harder brake pedal feel.

GSR calipers would work.

If i use the grs calipers would i need the brackets for it? Or should it just bold on to the stock brackets. Also can i use the gsr rotors or is it the same as the si? Again car is a 92 civic si hatch.

before jumping into anything, make sure you really need that much stopping power. my wilwood kit is plenty for me on my 94 civic. but going to a five lug type r setup may end up costing you more than the big brake kit. just look into all the possibilites and costs before doing it.

Back