losing acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hcivicdx

I have a 1994 Honda Civic dx i did a engine swap and put a 1.6 v tec in the car. I been having problems the last couple weeks with my car. The car is losing acceleration when i drive. The car drives ok when i start driving been when the car gets hotter i have to push on the gas all the way just to get acceleration and when i come to a stop the car dies on me but it starts right back up. I put new spark plugs in and it still does the same thing does anybody have anymore idea what could be wrong. thank you.

how is the oil pressure on this thing is it geting hot sounds internetal to me but i could be wrong. Dose it run smooth but has no power it could also be a fuel problem fuel pump or filter???? we need more info

i brought the car to the mechanic and they said i need a new computer chip but the car drives with the computer chip i had from the other motor and i drove it a year with this ecu. the car started acting like this a couple weeks ago. It drives ok but when it gets hotter the car i have to push on the gas all the way just to get speed.When i push on the gas its more like a putting sound and when i come to a stop it dies but starts right back up and sounds ok and stays running. THe oil pressure is ok. so that what i was thinking could be a fuel problem .

Back