losing power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sorry if you said already but have you done a compression or leak down test?

Did you ever go through the engine harness to see if a wire was improperly connected/soldered?

Try to swap out the MAP?

No I haven't ran those tests yet.
I will consider doing that this week.
And as for the MAP sensor. there is nothing connected to that sensor
and the hose part of that is broken.
Is this the location of the map sensor.
(I found this picture online.) is that the map sensor. If so, my map sensor has no wire connected to it and no hose.

Attachments

• 100_0487.jpg
    100_0487.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 309
The car is currently doing the same bogging problem. Even after checking the grounds and fuel pressure.
Any one have any ideas?
I am also going to check the fuel tank to see if its dirty

it could be a bad fuel pump or even the filter on the intank pump. it's easy enough to get to to take a look

just changed the fuel pump and strainer. the car ran fine on the streets with stop and go traffic until I got on the highway, then it started to bog again

I was just back tracking and just remembered that the crank shaft had a little play in it when i was changing the timing belt. Do you think that may be a factor

unlikely the clutch. if it was busted it would slip and rev up fast without the car moving.
if the crank had some walking, it would do some clanking sound - but i don't think it would suddenly bog down.

so it seems its fine at slower speeds, just not at higher speeds.... can you reproduce that every time?
was it a factor for the car being warmed up?

when the bogging stars it goes on for less than a min and tries to stall out, then the rpms go to 1000 then it runs fine

I do think it's a sensor going bad. Sadly, my only advice would be to swap sensors....I'd start where B said... VSS. But such ways can get expensive. Much easier if you have friends with sensors they let you do trial and error with.

Back