losing power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

changed the vss it made a slight difference . but the car still boggs

Your replaced parts on the distributor but you said it was smoking....the distributor might be the issue.

i looked around and read that for some people it was their o2 sensor . i took out the CAT and saw that my o2 sensor was bent . i put in a test pipe for the mean time. but it still has the bogging problem with the test pipe on, i dont think it was the o2 sensor.

Update: These are the parts I recently changed.
Distributor,Spark Plugs, Fuel Filter, TPS -Throttle Position Sensor,VSS, MAP sensor, Calipers, Break Hoses

The burning smell turned out to be one of my calipers locking.

I dont think it is the O2 either.

Man....stumped. Compression or leak down test?

I know I said this before but I'm not sure if you answered it. Did you check mechanical timing? Did you check the electrical timing?

So the wiring in my car is all messed up.The owners before me did horrible wiring jobs on almost everything. The b18b1 engine in my civic is running like crap. I am going to buy a new engine harness but, should i buy the harness for the b18b1 or the one that the 96 civic ex coupe comes with?

You need one for your OBD2 Civic. The Integra engine harnesses are two piece (they connect at the shock towers) and your chassis needs a one piece engine harness. EX would be best if you ever wanted to run a VTEC set up because it will have the VTEC wiring in the harness already. But if you don't plan on VTEC, then the DX engine harness will be just fine.

If the P75 is OBD1 then you'll need to purchase a jumper harness to connect your OBD2 engine harness to the ECU

Back