Loss of hp after high rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

anzi

I have a 95 civic with the b18b1 that im having an issue with. When i get on it on the freeway (3.5k rpm+) and drop down to a slower speed it acts like it's in limp mode wanting to jerk and struggle to even move. When it's doing this it will clear up around 3.5k rpms but any lower it'll still do it. Also found that if i turn the engine off and crack it back up it clears up. I was thinking it was maybe valve floating but the fact that it clears up with a restart confuses me. It does still have the p06 ecu, if that could be the cause tell me.
thanks

and get a p75. that should be your first troubleshooting step.

Alright I appreciate the ideas. I had intended on getting the ecu asap before I did anything else, any complaints with tuned ecus from phearable.net?
And no I don't have any spare dizzys but the only thing on mine i haven't replaced is the ignition module, was going to the other day until i started pricing them. Think I'll get the ecu first then module, if neither fix it I'll just roll it off a cliff.

and get a p75. that should be your first troubleshooting step.

Yes! Come on guys run the right programming! Get your P06 chipped at the least with a P75 basemap.

No complaints with Phearable outside of him locking my tires in the dyno by turning the wheel. His chips and programming have always been good for me.

Last edited:
Yea, I bought the car already swapped and assumed the proper ecu was in it, once I found out it wasn't I started my hunt. Ordered an obd2a p75 from CA and found a guy on craigslist locally who had the jumper harness, didn't take the time to really look at the jumper until I got home and I realized it was the reverse of what I needed. I'm trying to sell that and the p75 I have so I can order one from phearable. This is my first tuning experience so I apologize and appreciate all the help.

most def the ecu, this dude i went to school with had the same prob. And my pherable chip hasn't done me wrong yet.

Back