Loss Of Rpm's When Stopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

Hey all well my 89 dohc zc is dropping below 500 rpm's and almost stalling when i stop at lights and shit! Like say im cruising along in any gear car drives fin.. im coming up to a light and stop well once i come to complete stop rpms drop so i give some gas and then there fine! whats the deal ? new batt, no engine light, new main relay, new fuel pump, what could it be... could it because of the hollow cat? could it be a pinging or noisy lifter? cause i hear a ping or ding when the cars is running...

ya i got the same problem with my sohc 96 ex. only thing i got on there is a cai.

whenver i stop at a stoplight after the car is warmed up the revs continously (sp?) go up and down from anywhere
between 1000 and 300 rpm. it almost stalled out on me today....

what could be the cause?

dont know i got the same prob. i thoughti was cause my cat was hollowed out.. but someone said it wouldnt do that

I have a similar problem with my 92 civic vx. When the engine is cool it idles high around 1500-2000rpm, but when the car has been in the sun or if ive been driving it awile it idles really low(about 500rpm) and dies. This happens many times a day and is very embarassing. It will even die due to the same problem when I am cruising in neutral. The car used to be my moms and she said she had a couple shops check it out and they reset the idle and other things but nothing has cured the problem. Has anyone heard of this or knows what is causing the problem?

same problem in my '85 Trans Am. I had it fixed last year and it was alright for a while but it started up again. When it got fixed the first time he did ignition and electrical. I believe it was a combinition of the distributor, fuel pump, and engine temperature sensor. This explains why it would only do it when the engine was hot. The computer thinks the engine is over heating so it cuts back on fuel and changes the timing. Have a reputable shop check out the problem in detail befor they fix anything. Otherwise you'll spend alot for shit that does'nt even correct the problem

Back