Lost my job just before holidays :-(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

La_Pieuvre

Hi all, I just got a call from the vw dealership I work at and it turns out that due to budget cuts, they can no longer afford to have me and several other employees any longer.
So I just got laid off and right before the holidays too.
Plus I got bills to pay and shit...

now I need to go job hunting again :(

Hey man that sux. I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know if this would be much help but if you haven't done some interviewing lately a good book to get you back on is calle Knock'em Dead - there's a 2004 edition. It got me a lot of offerings and gave a very competitive edge. Anyway I hope you can find something good and quick!

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Dec 10 2003, 02:47 PM
dayum bro that hella sucks. did they lay you off or what??

yup layed off after working there for 8 months. I'm getting two weeks severance pay apparently, which is always good.

i know how you feel man, i got fired from the dealership i worked at about a month ago. i got blamed for someone else's mistake, and got canned for it. and the worst part is i have to be working at a dealership or i cant finish school, so right now im looking for a new dealership. and i need to find one quick because i start back to school in the middle of janurary...

Originally posted by shortbusrebel07@Dec 10 2003, 02:54 PM
i know how you feel man, i got fired from the dealership i worked at about a month ago. i got blamed for someone else's mistake, and got canned for it. and the worst part is i have to be working at a dealership or i cant finish school, so right now im looking for a new dealership. and i need to find one quick because i start back to school in the middle of janurary...

I know what you mean, luckily this job has nothing to do with what I'm studying so it's not too bad, just the financial aspect is what gets to me

shit happens bro... its the market we live in. you got laid off so some ceo could get a couple more G's for an x-mass bonus.

fuck, working on vw's sucks ass anyway! christ! i feel for you man.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 10 2003, 04:56 PM
file for unemployment...thats what i did..now i get checks for watchin tv all day

Wondering where my tax dollars went.... :roll:

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Dec 10 2003, 04:44 PM
Hi all, I just got a call from the vw dealership I work at and it turns out that due to budget cuts, they can no longer afford to have me and several other employees any longer.
So I just got laid off and right before the holidays too.
Plus I got bills to pay and shit...

now I need to go job hunting again :(

right before the holidays? its obvious they dont want to give you a Christmas bonus. :D

Originally posted by Airjockie+Dec 10 2003, 09:52 PM-->
h22bubbleback
@Dec 10 2003, 04:56 PM
file for unemployment...thats what i did..now i get checks for watchin tv all day

Wondering where my tax dollars went.... :roll:

no shit, get off your worthless bitchass and do something, i hope your on the next episode of cops getting your shit handed to you from the guy the next trailer over.

That sucks La_Pieuvre. I quit working for my dad last week...due to differences in personal opinion. That and me being sick and tired of working for someone who has no respect for me working as hard as I do at all.

thanks guys :)

Oh well that's the car business anyway... I'll probably go back to teaching or tutoring for a while since the money's pretty good but the hours are too few.

La_Pieuvre- What was your job at the dealership? Sales? Sorry that they let you go. :(

Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 10 2003, 09:05 PM
That sucks La_Pieuvre. I quit working for my dad last week...due to differences in personal opinion. That and me being sick and tired of working for someone who has no respect for me working as hard as I do at all.

thought u said he told everyone that you quit when in fact yoiu didnt say anything to him of that sort???

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 10 2003, 08:46 PM
La_Pieuvre- What was your job at the dealership? Sales? Sorry that they let you go. :(

I wasn't a salesman...My title was Quality Delivery Coordinator (fancy name, less fancy position)...basically I showed the customers how their cars worked. Once they bought one I would do a 30 min to one hour presentation of how the car is laid out, how the features operate and stuff like that. It was kind of repetitive but the luxury models were better. I also kept track of our dealership's ranking as far as customer satisfaction, kept the salespeople performance in check, etc...
It was a pretty cool job.

When I sold cars... it was MY job to deliver them to my customers and go over all those details. I guess the salestaff at your old dealership will have to work harder now.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Dec 10 2003, 08:57 PM
When I sold cars... it was MY job to deliver them to my customers and go over all those details. I guess the salestaff at your old dealership will have to work harder now.

yeah, they still have someone doing my position but he has been there for years so I was the one that got let go since I'd only been there 8 months and they "supposedly" couldn't afford two of us.

Back