Lost my job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Black Widow g2

*princess*
So yea. This week has been a bear. I went to pick my paycheck up on Friday only to find that the owner forgot to bring them with her. So, I went to go pick up my kids and got home too late to pick it up later. I show up Saturday at 10am (we should have been open...) but I notice the doors are locked and there's no lights on. Since I have a key, I open the door and call the owners to make sure no one had gotten hurt or anything. Nope. They just decided not to open til 12. Ok, no biggie. Go into the safe, retrieve my check, open it, and read:

To our O'hana (Family)
It is with great sadness that we must announce the closure of our Stockton store on Sunday June 10th at 6pm. Though we had many loyal customers, the numbers were not great enough to allow us to stay i business at this location. At this time we plan to relocate to Lodi.

Our event business is very successful and we will continue with it. If any of you are interested in working on our K-Cart (Ka'anapali Cart) let us know and we will schedule you. We have a full summer.

Paychecks for this past week will be mailed to your home address.

PS- Look for us soon in Lodi!

Now what the fuck. I have 2 kids to think about. I felt this was unfair... they personally invited me to move to Lodi with them to help them open and run the store, but what do I do for 2 months? The Cart business is only on weekends. I have my kids most weekends this summer since they're out of school.

Ugh. I feel like shit. Yes, I know this wasn't 'my' fault, but still. I seem to have issues finding a job I can stay at.

Sorry to hear. :(

I'm sure you'll make it through one way or the other. Perhaps you can talk to them about severance pay?

will there be unemployment? if so unemployment + waiting tabels/bartending off the books for 2 months should be fine if going to the new store is an option. or just take aforementioned advice and look for somthing all together new.DS2 - Defense Support Services, LLC - Home the company i work for. i know that they have openings in CA, actually I know of some in China Lake??? if you find any jobs on there let me know I can referr your resume. that way it'll get push through internally instead of it just being an external resume.

That would be great, Noo, but... It's 5 hours away. lol... Lockheed Martin Company though... good jobs there I'm sure. :) Thanks for the option though. :)

Phyre/Klyph- I'm just pissed at this point. I don't want to leech of the government... it's not what I do... but I'm going to use it since there's bills that don't stop coming. Shit, my check won't even cover them all, but I have to do what I have to do. Going to do a lot of searches from home today... tomorrow I'm going out to search. I must update resume too.

But, my luck will dictate that I get rejected. Filed my application online... should recieve info in 10 days. Yay. Now... on to craigslist, monster, and my personal favorite: America's Job Board.

even i approve of unemployment. and i don't approve any nearly any social money things. lol your employer pays a tax for exactly this purpose... take it.

mistimountainfap.com ? :D

USAJOBS - a listing of all the federal government jobs in california. if you find one let me know I can help you with the governments application process.

sorry to here, i have been sending resumes everywhere for the past month and a half and just finally got a job today, kept hearing i was over quallified.

Over qualified sucks. I had to switch careers because all of the network installation companies in my town felt that I was "over qualified". At the time, I just needed the damn job. Instead of telling you you are over qualified, they should just give you an offer and see where it goes from there.

Last edited:
i have either ran my own shop or was head of a shop since i was 18, when i was 16 i was the manager of the local pizza joint, almost 8 years of management and its hard as crap to find work.

Why does everyone hate unemp? This is the exact situation where you should use it - that or if you chose to change/look for a job. The freeloaders are a problem, not the intended use.

Over qualified sucks. I had to switch careers because all of the network installation companies in my town felt that I was "over qualified". At the time, I just needed the damn job. Instead of telling you you are over qualified, they should just give you an offer and see where it goes from there.

i'm with ya. applied at McDonald's... where EVERYONE can get a job. Nope. Overqualified. I've been a manager/assistant manager for 2 years... but with the job before this last one... I did everything from Catering to Delivery. I was Admin Asst, Asst Mgr, Catering Asst, Crew Lead, and I'd even work all the other stores. I have flexibility... almost 'too' much of it. I seriously could do anything if a place would take the chance. I won't leave unless forced to, either. But... we shall see. I put in apps with Victoria's Secret, T-Mobile, and Jamba Juice. I'm going to try Starbucks too.

Reminds me of East of Chicago pizza. They closed the store I worked at and didn't plan to tell us until the last day of the store being open... and I didn't work either of those days anyway.

The only time I wish I lived in SoCal... all those jobs in CA are 7 hours south of me. :( You guys are awesome for the help though. :wub:

Back