Lost my job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

time for a home, or an inlaw with some family.

it sucks, but it needs to be done.

She's most likely going home with my Dad... he's retired and stays home all day, plus since he's disabled, he has a lot of equipment that would assist her as well. He even joked about getting her an electric wheelchair like his so they can have drag races... she smiled and laughed. She really wants to go home, and I know why. My grandfather built that house with his own hands. She said she's wanted to die there, but, for her sake, we're going to keep her house for her and then my Dad and Mom will take care of her until she's well and my Aunt can move into the house to live with Grandma until she's gone.

I just can't fathom what she went through... she's a God damn savage. At 80 she was still climbing up on the roof and cleaning her gutters. This was normal. I guess now she realizes she needs help. :(

My condolences about your job, but if there's one saving grace its the fact that it was simply a job and not a long standing career.

You should be able to get a retail job nearly anywhere, easily.

Yes, true. But I'm sick of retail and I deserve something better. So, while keeping my options open and applying 'everywhere'... I will still be trying to get a job doing something worthwhile. I don't want to be 40 and still working in Customer Service. When I finish school, this goal will be more easily attained.

Yes, true. But I'm sick of retail and I deserve something better. So, while keeping my options open and applying 'everywhere'... I will still be trying to get a job doing something worthwhile. I don't want to be 40 and still working in Customer Service. When I finish school, this goal will be more easily attained.

Office Manager/Assistant/Secretary.

Its seen as a legitimate career, thats on a regular schedule 9-5p.m. and the pay will be better than retail.

school FTW. I"m currently looking into taking some online courses to get a cert in SAP. all the free time at work I could get it done without cutting into home time. but the classes are 2-3k hopefully can get grants as a single parent.

Getting in is the hard part. :) I'm looking in that area, but more specifically for Administrative Assistant positions (close to a secretary) because I do have 'some' experience in that area. Like I said, I'm trying. :) What's funny is after I finish my AA, I'm going to be enrolling in a different school for my BA. I'm earning it in Early Childhood Education and eventually would like to become a teacher... or possibly a Facilitator.

That would be great, Noo, but... It's 5 hours away. lol... Lockheed Martin Company though... good jobs there I'm sure. :) Thanks for the option though. :)

I just re-read the whole thread because of certain uh... "comments" shall I say. Misti- I'm on the recruiting team. If you see a requisition number that you like within Lockheed, let me know ASAP. I can get your resume exactly where it needs to go. Moving for a Lockheed job is totally worth it. That's coming from me as an employee well past the honeymoon period, not just as a recruiter. :)

And you said it's called "Lockheed"? Is it like a bigass warehouse type building with chemicals n shit? I used to play outlaw paintball with the homies there we broke into a big ass building called "Lockheed" at night and tore it UP until the cops finally installed alarms in that bitch the next week when we went and we ended up running a quarter mile to the 8 foot barb wired fence we hopped to get out...saw the cops drive right past us after the first corner :D. We were in the newspapers the next day "Local kids break into building and vandalize" cuz we covered it in missed paintballs tagged up our team name back then TXS all over and fucked it up. Those were the days...

Are you sure it was a Lockheed building? I doubt it. Every single one of our buildings (especially the ones with product) is wired with enough security that cops / feds / SWAT / CIA / FBI will be there within 5 minutes of a break-in.

1, lay the fuck off the weed man, most incoherant shit i've read
2, watch the "chink" comments, we have lots of members here who are asian and don't really appreciate slurs

And yes, definitely lay off the racist comments. We do NOT tolerate that around here. I can guarantee that your boss doesn't either if he's Asian. Actually, you get a nice little vacation.... for a week or 20.

:calban:

I just re-read the whole thread because of certain uh... "comments" shall I say. Misti- I'm on the recruiting team. If you see a requisition number that you like within Lockheed, let me know ASAP. I can get your resume exactly where it needs to go. Moving for a Lockheed job is totally worth it. That's coming from me as an employee well past the honeymoon period, not just as a recruiter. :)

I agree... jobs there ARE worth a move, but my kids live in San Jose. If I'm going to move, it will be up there. No job is above my time with my kids. Thank you though, and I know there is a building still up somewhere in the Bay Area. I'll keep looking and if I find something I will contact you. Thanks, Cal!! :)

anyone looking for some decent jobs in the near future look into getting certified in SAP will be comming to a government instalation near you soon. government employees make decent money good benifits and don't work too hard. I'll be up to $21.56/hr come october. I get over time and quaterly bonouses in the neighborhood of $.50 -$1.00 per productive hr worked per quater. in the government system the position i have is equal to a GS-7 or GS-9 depending.
GS7

GS9
those numbers are base 2007 General Schedule (GS) Locality Pay Tables you can find pay scales to your spicific locality on the link.

There are a few admin spots there, but one requires 5 years experience, the other is only a part time position. I'm wondering if maybe I could do something like that, but full time. Hmm..

That reminds me... I need to fancy up my resume.

Call me back- I left a message on your phone yesterday. :)

oh snap... didnt know that was you... & I rarely check my vmail... maybe like threeve times a month & have like 15 each time...
*checks voicemail*

edit* called but went straight to vmail... hit me back when you get a chance Im working in South Arlington today til 8

Last edited:
:)

My phone's off right now (dead) but I'll be on the road and up and running again in about half an hour. I can call you back too- either way.

I guess it pays to know people in the area...

...at the corner of my street is a Merrill Lynch building. One of the brokers has an office there and said that I should apply to be either a receptionist or his assistant. Interview on Monday. What a commute. .2 miles. :D

Back