Lost!!! Need help dpfi to mpfi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2wenty

I'm doing a swap in my crx dx. I have a b16 with hf harness and white plug next to the resistor box does not match up. I was thinking of just looking for a plug that matches the harness and just wire that up but it has more wires. pics will be posted tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about thank you again. .

dpfi to mpfi

You'll want to use your stock dx engine harness and use the harness on the b16 as a donor harness to go to mpfi. It may seem like plug and play, but it's not. Although the chassis plugs may plug into the hf harness, the pins on the female plug will not match up to the pins in the main plug. Follow the instructions in this link (not the first one, the second one posted by Vital Speed CRX)
https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/dpfi-mpfi-writeup-49557/

Last edited:
i second that response just did the swap this summer to my hatch and its critical u get the wiring right...

I was thinking of just getting a interior harness and just switch it. Do you guys have any write up on doing it?

dude seriously jus save urself the headache.. buy a swap harness its sooo much easier and well worth the money... i am purchasing a mil spec harness for my hatch because after all the swaps this hatch has seen the wiring is a night mare and every now and then i get a short somewhere the makes my motor sputter... not cool so i am spending the money just to have peace of mind...

Swapping the interior harness is so much more work. You're going to have to modify the harness whether you like it or not haha (I tried to avoid it too). You have to add the knock sensor and vtec/oil pressure so you mind as well rebuild your harness with the donor. It'll give you an opportunity to make a factory looking harness without it looking like you're running fog lights from the 1980's through your firewall lol. There's nothing wrong with buying a harness, especially if you have the experience in building them. It just gives me peace of mind knowing I physically inspected every wire.

Last edited:
I just did this on my 88 crx dx. Except I used an OBD2 gsr plus did OBD1 conversion. same shit tho. Just do the mpfi conversion on your DX harness its not that hard...

Back