Lost Reverse

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shfaster

Recently i drove my car over a curb; nocking out my alignment, blowing out my
front tires, and cracking my bumber. A few weeks later my reverse stops working
although all other gears are working completely normal. Looking underneath the
car, i find that i snapped 1 of 2 metal pieces that are right by my flywheel cover. i have some pics.

i changed the tranny fluid, and i don't think there is anything wrong with my shift
linkage. it just feels like their is something in the way of the reverse and it will not go
in there at all, and this just happened one day out of the blue a few weeks after the
incident. Does anyone have any ideas of where i should go from here. I would just
replace that metal piece but im not sure if that alone will solve the problem. Any
Ideas anyone, any help is appreciated, thanks

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/
My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/
My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%
20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpg
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/
My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpg

Attachments

• car 002.jpg
    car 002.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 187
  • car 003.jpg
    car 003.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 199
  • car 001.jpg
    car 001.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 206
well, i'd replace the metal piece. then i'd take a look at the linkage. it might have gotten bent in the curb smash.

if it's just the metal piece that would be easy. i'm trying to figure out if the curb smash could cause any damage to the tranny itself besides the linkage; like the shift fork, or anything internally that i wouldn't know about. if anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated

Back