1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Reverse

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by shfaster, Apr 3, 2007.

1. shfaster

shfaster Member

Recently i drove my car over a curb; nocking out my alignment, blowing out my
    front tires, and cracking my bumber. A few weeks later my reverse stops working
    although all other gears are working completely normal. Looking underneath the
    car, i find that i snapped 1 of 2 metal pieces that are right by my flywheel cover. i have some pics.

i changed the tranny fluid, and i don't think there is anything wrong with my shift
    linkage. it just feels like their is something in the way of the reverse and it will not go
    in there at all, and this just happened one day out of the blue a few weeks after the
    incident. Does anyone have any ideas of where i should go from here. I would just
    replace that metal piece but im not sure if that alone will solve the problem. Any
    Ideas anyone, any help is appreciated, thanks

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/
    My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/
    My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpgfile:///C:/Documents%20and%
    20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpg
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Yusri/My%20Documents/
    My%20Pictures/car/car%20001.jpg

Attached Files:

2. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    well, i'd replace the metal piece. then i'd take a look at the linkage. it might have gotten bent in the curb smash.

3. shfaster

shfaster Member

if it's just the metal piece that would be easy. i'm trying to figure out if the curb smash could cause any damage to the tranny itself besides the linkage; like the shift fork, or anything internally that i wouldn't know about. if anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated

4. shfaster

shfaster Member

Anybody, i'm pretty desperate for something.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted