lost the house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nope! I bought a cheap house. If it wasn't such a buyers market, as soon as the bathroom and kitchen get done I wouldn't be surprised if this house was appraised at 100k.

exactly. it IS a buyers market right now for houses.
Condos on the other hand, are continuing right along for sellers.

why? houses are too much for the average single person, or even a lot of young couples. Most houses here, old, run down and small start at 180k. 220k gets you something "average". That's out of budget for most young people or single people, which keeps the condo market averaging about 50k less than a house, but still on the slow-but-steady rise.

selling the condo now and buying a house now make perfect sense.

Yes. I lost that house too. And I'm not golden, am I ?
how does one lose a house?

irresponsibility. if it got too much after you stopped making a lot, you should have sold it and took your profit from it.

Where am I going with this ? Simple statement: It's far smarter to have a reasonable place in a reasonable area for a reasonable price and bank away money. There is NO WAY you can counter argue this. It's like saying "I'd rather be rich than stupid". It's a razer statement.

2000 sq ft is not a big house. really. its not like i'm looking at 600-750,000 houses and 3000-4000 sq ft. There's plenty of them around.
i don't need that.

i have 1150 right now, and its not enough. I need a larger space. i need more storage.
going to 2000 + adding a 2nd person = less total space per person, but more for me for storage.

Plus, i like to entertain guests from time to time. At the condo, it makes it hard. 5 people fill the living room, and there's no where to park but 1/4 mile down the road.

Perhaps i've grown up... I don't want the dinky house with the huge barn/workshop any more. I want a nice house which i can entertain guests for wine, or a movie night.

Brian's pissed. He begins to say 'fucking' a lot.

fucking A.

Stay in the condo til it sels, get the money, then get a house that is not so balling and pimping big. The bigger the house, the harder it is to keep clean. My house is way to big, but I can use what space I have if I want or can afford the upgrades.

again, its not really that big. frankly, i don't think your house is that big either. the living room is tiny, the bedrooms are tiny, and remember moving the matress? lol the stairwell/hallway is tiny. Sure, its plenty of room for you and K probably, but for me, its not what I want. I want a living/common space 3 times the size of yours at least.

Yes we know you can afford the hugest house than anyone on Hondaswap, and you drive the hottest car that most of us can only dream of owning...but look at the profession your in... a week long power outage would wrech a months pay, you can afford that, but not if your floating two mortgages.

I'm salary. I get paid whether i work or not, whether my company makes money or not. I'm not commission or hourly. power outage or world crisis will not effect me.... at least not for a while

The little extra i make on the side from my own endevours is nice, but its not what i live on by any means. it's more like simple spending cash

Houses pop up on the market at an amazing rate, and if you look in to getting some foreclosers...you would get a better deal, because most of the middle income, and the bottom of the higher income groups are not making thier payments, and the banks arn't happy. In our area, some really nice houses are being foreclosed lately, and some of them are ones I wish I could afford. Something to look into.
the house on page 2 is a foreclosure. it orig listed for 359,900. its down to 299,900, and they have an offer of 290 in which the bank has not yet accepted.
If i offer 295, i will probably get it.
but, i need to see it first. and i'm doing so tomorrow at noon along with one other with a dope wet bar and inground pool :)

Rent or live with mom, but your going to find something better if this slips thru, and your condo sells. I do have an open room, and if you help clean out part of the basement, I'll have a little room for storage there if you want. Plus chip in for the JDM food, and you'll have a decent meal a few times a week. When I get back, I'm getting another dumpster, and a lot of old crap is going out to the dump.
appreciate the offer, but i won't be doing that. I will be getting another house from the available market and moving on with the sale of my condo.

In fact, give me a year and a half, and my pad will be up for sell....completed, rebuilt, and freshened up to last another 15 years without touching a thing but jumping on the lawnmower on a sunday with a beer in the cupholder. I'm still trying to figuare out what to change first, do first, and line up the other items accordingly so I can get the house done right, but thats another post that might pop up next week or so.

Your house is not for me. It's too old and too small for what i would be happy with. I'm not saying its not a nice place... it is. but its not what i want.
in the same way i have no love for Z's.... and you do :D Sure, they are nice cars, but i don't want to own one. it does nothing for me.

Take this with a grain of salt....you really don't need a huge house to impress us or any girl your going to marry...

I'm not trying to impress any one, especially the g/f. I was in the market and had a deposit on the other place before i even started dating her. I don't know why everyone thinks she is dictating my actions. I want a nice house with enough room for me, my stuff, my roommate, his stuff, in a nice, quiet area, with potential for a high resale a few couple years down the road.

Well, I hope you find something nice. :) I'm laughing at how cheap those houses are... for a 'nice' one! If you live in the Bay Area you can move anywhere in the US, but probably wouldn't be able to move back! It's bad all over CA though... An exact copy of the small house I live in now (3bd 2ba 1600sqft) without the spa we have in the backyard and access to Club Brookside... (an extra 1k a year) just sold for 420k. We are thinking of selling this house once the market goes better... which gives us time to get the flooring and walls taken care of... and moving into a bigger house. We have looked at some places just to go hunting together and see what we both like and get our ideas out there so when we finally do serious shopping we can narrow down a lot of them. Luckily, we won't need a realtor. I hate agents, personally.

Enough with my story...

I hope you find something you'll be happy with, and I'm glad she's not dictating your actions. :)

Not true, its what people make of their incomes and how they choose to spend their money. I think Brian is just more vocal with his purchases than other members of the HS community... (don't get butthurt :D)

we're all friends here.... why not share what's going on? I post about just about everything i do on here. Be it buying something, selling something, new things going on in my life, or what have you. If its not a secret or won't offend any one, i've got nothing to hide. I recall you posting up when you listed your condo, bought your house, bought your tv, and proposed to your wife, etc..... how is this any different?

thanks for calling me back from saturday BTW, dick :D I still want to pick your mind about the JS thing... hit me up later. lol

Anyway, i can name you plenty of people who make more than I do who post here.
hell, even most couples working mid-40's-50s each. make more than i do. I have a single take home. married/livein couples can easily out perform my income.

like steve said, its not about what you make, its how you spend it. Perhaps i've been a little foolish in the things i've bought, but i need my toys. At the end of the day, i don't really have much.
I don't have a garage full of parts.
I have 2 tvs and 1 surround system.... and a ps2. thats about it in my house.
yeah, i have my music stuff, but thats not a huge investment by any means, and i had a lot of it for years.
i don't buy clothes very often... usually 300 bucks a season at old navy or something. couple new things a year. hell, i have a shirt on right now that i had in high school.

I bought a car that I wanted, because I could. Not because OMG its an M3... because its fucking sex to drive, comfortable as fuck, fast as fuck, plenty of trunk space for groceries or a couple golf bags, a nice radio, great handeling, and so much more.

I honesly can't think of one car that compares to it.

the vette? sure, power and handling wise.... but it has no back seat or trunk space. its impractical as a daily driver.

the 350z? not really in the same class.. slower, and again no back seat or storage room.

I have a car that relaxing classical music flows out of 7 speakers, my ass is toasted on heated leather, no lights bother me from behind because my rear view auto-dims and tints based on light, when i go into reverse, my passenger side mirror aims down so i can see the road/curb/line nice and easy, if i had a blue tooth phone, i could do hands free calling through my system, have 2 car seats, a truck full of groceries.

OR

I hit the sport button, turn off traction control, and wind the mother fucker to 8400 rpms, roasting 3rd gear sideways at 100 mph while the seat grips on to your sides for support, limited slips getting the thing perfectly balanced.... and then straighten it out and continue on to 170mph.

All with out spilling the groceries :D

it can't be done with any other car on the market today, or yesterday. Period.

its fucking amazing, and its the only car in this market that is both perfectly normal 25mpg daily driver, and a 5 mpg race car that makes you shit your pants and watch your knuckles turn flag day white. fucking A.

So like I said, it's worth every fucking penny, even if it is more than Jame's mortgage payment.

thanks for calling me back from saturday BTW, dick :D I still want to pick your mind about the JS thing... hit me up later. lol

Sorry, my time has been consumed by making home improvements to my outdoor living area, with grotto, outdoor kitchen, 60' inground HEATED swimming pool, tennis court, practice Par-3 hole, bocce court, Football field, basketball court, and a replica Warehouse (Camden yards). lol

j/k, I'm actually really been busy with the backyard (cleared everything out, no more trees ftw) and a small deck/pergola and larger patio. Not to mention starting the new digs has been taking up mucho time as well. I promise to call you back if you promise to respond to my evite for Jozapalooza on the 4th, bitch :) :wub:

actually, i still have no evite....

see?

Attachments

• evite.jpg
    evite.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 112
unlike b who could pay it all at once with his pocket change.

B is baaawwwlllllllliiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:p work is getting tome, 14 minutes left and im getting cabin fever..

I think im going to buy a longboard today....hmmm

If you ride that longboard within 2 miles of B's car. HE WILL FUCKING KILL YOU RAWR!!!

Back