lost the house

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up! It's bobsled time! Cool Runnings!! :)

I lived on the beach for a few years... I miss surfing. *sigh*

Last edited:
Acura, Jeep, BMW, Ski Boat, Sail Boat, Shop full of nice tools, Big Screen, and a house full of castle sized furniture.

And now I'm paying for it all. :rolleyes:

ok, new developments.......

maybe i didn't lose the house afterall.

i have a solid offer now and can get full approval in 48 hours from her..... we're seeing if we can buy a day....

bah, they still decided on the other offer :(

no house for me. back to the drawing board.

good news is that i have a decent offer on the condo, and shes willing to wait till i find suitable housing

bah, they still decided on the other offer :(

no house for me. back to the drawing board.

good news is that i have a decent offer on the condo, and shes willing to wait till i find suitable housing
fuck realtors
thats so wrong

ok, that foreclosure one is a nightmare i don't even want to get involved in....

so, new potential once again... :D

G448109_101_12.jpg

G448109_301_18.jpg

G448109_1001_53.jpg

G448109_401_17.jpg

Remarks: THIS YOUNG COL NESTLED ON 1.35 ACRES OFFERS PRIVACY GALORE. THERE ARE 3 BEDRMS UP & 1 BEDRM IN THE LL ALONG WITH A FIN FAMRM; THE MBR BOASTS A CATHEDRAL CEIL & 2 CLOSETS; A FIN BREEZEWAY, 20X16 SHED, ABOVE GRND POOL, HUGE DECK ALL ARE PLUSES!!!
  • Single Family Property
  • County: HARTFORD
  • Year Built: 1999
  • 4 total bedroom(s)
  • 2.5 total bath(s)
  • 2 total full bath(s)
  • 1 total half bath(s)
  • 7 total rooms
  • Approximately 1896 sq. ft.
  • Two story
  • Style: Colonial
  • Master bedroom
  • Living room
  • Dining room
  • Family room
  • Kitchen
  • Basement
  • Laundry room
  • Master bedroom is 19X13
  • Living room is 25X13
  • Dining room is 12X12
  • Family room is 16X15
  • Kitchen is 19X10
  • Hardwood floors
  • Fireplace(s)
  • Fireplace features: Living room fireplace
  • Swimming pool(s)
  • 2 car garage
  • Attached parking
  • Heating features: Baseboard, Oil
  • Interior features: Attic fan(s), Ceiling fan(s), Clothes dryer, Clothes washer, Dishwasher, Disposal, Fire/smoke alarm(s), Range and oven, Refrigerator, Sliding glass door(s), Thermal window(s), Pull-down attic access, Full walk-out basement, Partially finished basement, Bedroom(s) on lower level, Bedroom(s) on upper level(s), Formal dining room, Family room on lower level, Carpet, Vinyl flooring, Breakfast bar, Laundry on lower level, Formal living room, Master bathroom, Walk-in closet(s) in master bedroom
  • Exterior features: Breezeway, Storage/out-building(s), TV cable available, Deck, Upper level deck, Paved driveway, Private/secluded lot, Wooded, Above ground pool, Public connected sewer service, Water supply from well(s)
  • Exterior construction: Vinyl siding
  • Approximately 1.35 acre(s)
well water, but at least its got public sewer. i can live with that.

Master BR Desc.:FBATH, WALKINMaster BR Size:19X13BedRoom 2 Desc.:UPPERBedRoom 2 Size:13X12BedRoom 3 Desc.:UPPERBedRoom 3 Size:12X10BedRoom 4 Desc.:LOWERBedRoom 4 Size:10X9 Dining Room Desc.:FORMDining Room Size:12X12Living Room Desc.:FP, FORMLiving Room Size:25X13Kitchen Desc.:BBARKitchen Size:19X10Family Room Desc.:LOWERFamily Room Size:16X15

no central air either, but its in the woods practically, so tons of shade to keep it cool

G448109_201_20.jpg
G448109_601_15.jpg
G448109_701_17.jpg
G448109_801_14.jpg

oooo i really like that. especially the garage!

have you tried looking in the new haven county area at all, Cheshire, Wallingford, North Haven, Middlefield, all of these towns have some amazing properties as well as really nice scenery, also North Haven and Wallingford have a multitude of options for Internet access these days, you've got to love compotition, and probably a lot closer to your current employers offices

builders special, plan to upgrade....
yeah, there's a few things that just look cheap... i agree... but its totally livable for a while. a re-do on the kitchen is planned i would imagine, and the hardwood looks kinda lame too. The doors to the closets and bedrooms are wack too.
but again, all livable and after a couple years a re-fi and a HEL will take care of that if i decide to stay there for a while :)

have you tried looking in the new haven county area at all, Cheshire, Wallingford, North Haven, Middlefield, all of these towns have some amazing properties as well as really nice scenery, also North Haven and Wallingford have a multitude of options for Internet access these days, you've got to love compotition, and probably a lot closer to your current employers offices

cheshire is too much money for anything nice, wallingford NH and MF are just to far from everything i know EXCEPT work. and for the one day a week i'm there, its not worth moving away from everything and everyone i know for it.

in a year, i might not even be working there any more. who knows. i really don't want to dictate my life around my job.

Cosmetically speaking, those were some of the items that I saw as well (who the hell uses hollow core interior doors post 1987?)

I'd be more concerned with questions of the actual construction of the house, i.e. 2x4 vs. 2x6 exterior construction (for two reasons, 1: rigidity, 2x6 construction is going to be a very solid house, seeing some of the things in that picture leads me to believe its built with 2x4's however, 2: Insulation and R-value, obviously with the thicker wood construction, the more insulation you can stuff in the walls, seeing as though its the NE, it becomes apparent in EVERY season, especially winter and summer).

Some other things that threw me off: the dutch lap siding, notice the curvature as each piece connects to eachother (each siding lap), that is called dutch lap, its much cheaper than normal vinyl siding, and normally doesn't hold much insulation value either unless it has a core insulation which I doubt.

The deck; One the railings, completely builders special and I would bet the balusters and deck planking is NAILED down, these always should be screwed down for safety concerns. Also I noticed that they butt-jointed the planks (looks to be 5/4x6x10's), this also concerns me, as why wouldn't they get the appropriate length decking material to do lateral planks and avoid the seams and if it is still too long, the joints should be staggered...

Oh, and this one is just me - why oh why cover up the beautiful brick chimney with nasty ass vinyl siding, I hate when builders do this!

Just my .02, take it for whats its worth, not saying its a badly constructed house, but depending on the asking price and what I've seen, I'd be asking more about the construction of the house right now...

Oh, and this one is just me - why oh why cover up the beautiful brick chimney with nasty ass vinyl siding, I hate when builders do this!

other than the fireplace I'd almost bet that it's a metalbestos chimney , it's a lot cheaper vs a traditional brick and mortar

Im not feelin the house, to be honest. But it lookslike a great location, especially with the privacy of those trees. Have fun with keeping that pool clean...

Nah, metalbestos are more commonly used for woodburning stoves, they don't hook up to well to mortar fireplaces as there is more room for error in the connection point. Most builders will either encase the brick with lats, then add on 5/8" or 3/4" ply for a nailing surface for the vinyl. Sometimes instead of brick, they'll just use cinder block with the flue encased with cement (all to save a few bucks), then add the lats and ply again.

They probably end up saving 200 bucks on the deal, but to me, that 200 bucks is money well spent, especially if using the home as a model to future customers...

Back