1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lost with coolant hoses?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by pappaj, Aug 10, 2008.

1. pappaj

pappaj New Member

I just put a b18a1(1990) into my 89 rex and there is one coolant hose that I don't know where to put. There is a fitting under the outlet for the upper rad hose, it runs under the heater core hose and it is about half the size of the heater core hose. I anyone has a diagram for b18a coolant hoses not for the d16, b16, zc, the b18a it would be greatly appreciated. I got the car started this morning and I need to fill up coolant. PLEASE HELP

2. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

are you talking about the little outlet right next to the upper rad hose? if so then you are probably missing a hose one the outlet right under your intake. there is a tube that comes off the EACV goes under the intake, then into that one there, at least thats where mine goes.

3. pappaj

pappaj New Member

right where the upper rad hose connects to the motor there is a smaller connection under upper rad hose connection and the connection that goes to the heater core. That is the only "spare" connection i have so I must have everything else messed up. the motor had no rad hoses connected when I started.

4. red91efhatch

red91efhatch New Member

I have the diagram (sorry I can't post not working for some reason) but even with the diagram its about clear as mud where that one hose connects. i would just make sure you're not mixing air and water hoses and you should be fine.
    edit: PM me your email and ill email it to you.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  5. pappaj

pappaj New Member

I 've got it figured out now I finally ran in to a friend with an integra but thank you for your effort. The car barely turned over and it fired right up. I just need to mount shifter linkage to tranny and put in cam seal. My exhaust manifold leaks like a bastard. I also have a few coolant leaks I need to find. The main thing I need is time which I seem to be running short of.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted