Lots of Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Krypton

Ok, I got a '92 Civic CX and I have some questions about maybe a future engine swap. First of all whats probably the best fitting engine in a moderate price range (under $1500)? Second off, where can I get this engine? Also what else will i have to do to my completely stock civic to accomadate for the swap? Sorry I'm new to the foreign made car thing.

you have options as to what you can put in it, first gen b16 get a cable to hydro converison for the tranny or if you can get up 2500 or so you can get one that will bolt right into your civic check www.hmotorsonline.com you can find one there and that is where i got my motor from.

save yourself a headache, and DON'T cheack that out.

sir1's are made for 88-91 chassis's.

if you have 1500 bucks, your options are basically nothing.
save more.
come back.

not being a dick- but thats how it is.

You could always swap in a D16Z6 Si/EX motor, real easy, pretty cheap, but not the best.

I would think if you budget'ed yourself well, and found good deals that you could pull off a B18 ls swap for around 1500, but you would have to take your time and find the right deals...

like a wrecked integra with a good motor would be a good start...

I could get a stolen one, but, I want to really try avoiding that. Should I do anything before making a swap, like exhaust, etc.

ive seen ls swaps go for 1500 or so on h-t, and a buddy of mine just got one from a junkyard for 1500 with a warranty. you wont get anything useable from a swap importer like hmo, but if you look around locally you should be able to get a ls for your budget, if you already have the tools and the know how to do it yourself.

Avoid the stolen motor, as a matter of fact, call the police and report the piece of shit for stealing it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 1 2004, 09:06 AM
Avoid the stolen motor, as a matter of fact, call the police and report the piece of shit for stealing it.
[post=371030]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

People who steal should rot in hell :angry:

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 1 2004, 09:06 AM
[post=371030]Quoted post[/post]​

:ditto: :concur:

Back