Lotsa Vibration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay. I bought a CRX with a B16 already swapped for a project car. Now I want it to drive to work and I'm getting alot of vibration. The car was in a ditch so I'm thinking my excessive vibration could be caused due to the accident. The passenger side driveshaft looks really close to the lower control arm, is this normal with the swap. Also I'm getting a lot of vibration around 35 mph. I will check the balance tomorrow when I take the car to work. The mount kit is not a hasport or a Place racing one. The swap was done here in Canada at Progressive Racing and the mount kit appears to be a cheap Ebay type one.

Any help, ideas, or personal experieces anyone can post will help me figure out this problem. Please just post your experiences and or fixes to help me diagnose the problem. I hope to drive this car by next Friday. Thanks

its probably the mounts..i have the place racing mounts and they are really stiff and they make alot more vibration than stock

When I'm at idle I get vibration, but that is not what I'm really worried about. What really bothers me is vibration or shaking that I get around 35 mph. If I don't do the speed limit ever then this won't be a problem but since I need to keep my license I try to keep speeding to a minimum.

Tomorrow I will check all the tires on a balancer since I'm hoping this is the problem and not any structural damage. My dad is a Auto Body man and he says there is no structural damage but you can never be 100% sure. It hasn't gone for an alignment yet so I guess I shouldn't worry so early.

He doesn't have hasport mounts and hes not worried bout the idle vibration. Getting your tires balanced is a good idea. Also my integra did this too but my axles were alittle bent.

k sorry read wrong, late night, check tires, tie rod, also could be differential berring in tranny, i had that cause that...

Originally posted by highperboi@Oct 4 2003, 12:34 AM
He doesn't have hasport mounts and hes not worried bout the idle vibration. Getting your tires balanced is a good idea. Also my integra did this too but my axles were alittle bent.

same here...vibration was caused by a bad axle..

Does it pull at all in any direction?
If it's a driveaxle bent, they're cheap and somewhat easy to replace, yea but its a good idea to get your tires balanced and an alignment.

Back