Loud Bang Followed by Building Shaking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Interesting thing just happened at my job
there was a deep loud bang and the whole building shook

i wonder if NYC is still there...
or perhaps a local car accident?
or blasting?
ideas?

My cousin called me with this back in 01, he was in the 2nd World Trade tower. Needless to say, I knew what the bang was and he ran like hell. He was almost down the stairs when the building was hit!! Crazy shit!!

Propane, more than likely. Are you on the east end ?

exit 19 off the thruway
we finally moved to the new office
my office isn't done yet so i have to wait for my personal bathroom and fireplace :(

most likely just blasting
new road or some yuppie projects going in in the area and they had to get rid of some big slabs of rock

shoot...i live next to an air force base...so i always here sonic booms...hahahaha...was it louder than that?

no, prob not as loud, more of a deep rumbling than a bang

there are quarries near by but we just moved here so it was new

i figured it was a mirage going down the road
vrooommmmmm BANG
fix fix fix

shoot...i live next to an air force base...so i always here sonic booms...hahahaha...was it louder than that?

you will NEVER hear a sonic boom close to an air force base. it's highly illegal and against the rules to do that anywhere near civilization. it can break glass and cause major disturbances.

you will NEVER hear a sonic boom close to an air force base. it's highly illegal and against the rules to do that anywhere near civilization. it can break glass and cause major disturbances.

Not so true. If the fighters are responding to a "threat" real or not and they need to get there like now they can and will go supersonic in flight. It has happened around here before ( madison, WI ).

Not so true. If the fighters are responding to a "threat" real or not and they need to get there like now they can and will go supersonic in flight. It has happened around here before ( madison, WI ).

first, he said "ALWAYS". second you won't reach supersonic on takeoff. you have to be at a high altitude then go into full thrust to break the sound barrier. low flying jets with high throttle will make a lot of noise and shake stuff though.

Back