low budget fuel..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Alright, some of you may know i hit a guardrail, so that puts a damper on my turbo goals of this summer. So i was thinking since i need to pay off bills at the same time im probably gonna just go ahead and use my hf mani and t25 adaptor plate......and get a fmu-missing link-inline booster :ph34r: The other thing i was thinking was the vafc hack. I know most will say fuel is something not to skimp on and get a hondata...yeah well lack of money says no go on that. Ive seen first hand on how a fmu CAN last (ji's old car), so thats why im thinking of this.

question: am i just being a fuckhead and rushing this turbo thing? :blink:

eh it depends...rushing it would be more like:

"alright so I'm not planning on getting any kind of fuel management whatsoeva and I'm slapping that turbo kit on tonight!"

I took my time on mine and waited until I had almost everything for mine, but I knew I was gonna take my car off insurance and it would just sit in my garage for a while giving me a lot of time to save up money for hondata. I wasn't too worried if it detonated cause I also had an extra block to send out to be sleeved. Theres nothing wrong with taking your time, but if you have another ride to get to work or school or around and want to boost your car then go for it.

a small turbo, with small boost, an fmu is fine.

a t25 works well with them.

a t3/t04e does not.

think about it.

a t3/t04e throws a hell of a lot more cfm's of air for any given psi than a t25 does- but an fmu wll STILL give the 12:1 fuel boost.

on a t25, its enough
on a t3/t04e, its a hack job at best.

Everything has its limitations. If you know and respect them, you'll be fine. An FMU is good for 8- 10 PSI, depending on turbo size and how much you retard the base timing. The AFC hack is good for as much fuel as your injectors will allow you to flow.

For your setup, Sean, go with the FMU and run the FMU signal from the compressor instead of the manifold to get rid of the fuel lag when transitioning from vacuum to boost. :)

Not to threadjack but can a TEO4H MITSU Turbo on 5.5 psi could be possible on a stock d16a6 block with out any fuel managment. Or you have to have an FMU to do it.???? Just Curious?? :huh:

i looked into uberdata...the only guy around extimted a total of 400bucks for ecu work, tuning, harness, and dyno runs. thats w/o the price of a p28

Back