Low compression after a loud noise coming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Thanks you all guys for the helps. I went home and tried all the techniques you guys suggested and unfortunately, the noise grow louder so I shut it off and covered it up with a car cover and have a couple nightsless sleep. couple days after, I starte it up again and it took me like 15 minutes to get it start and the noise went away mysteriously with no explanation but its also lead to a new problem......I will mention it here but I think it would be best to start a new post. the noise went away and i did a copression test and the following results. 4-pistion=120, 3-piston=120, 2piston=130, and 1-piston=130 any idea whats happening??

What do you guys think that cost my all motor engine to have such a low compression??? the car show now sign of oil leak, not a drop of oil or oil stains on the motor. the motor is flawless, one of the cleanest motor ever. no unsusual smokes comming out of the exhaust. If haead gasket blew, then there will be oil leak. and if piston ring seal broke, then there will be sign of oil consumption and black smokes. any ideal will be taken into consideration thanks guys.

Like i said in the other post, dont you think you should go back and double check the last work you did, which you said was the cams, springs and retainers, right? Well did you make sure they are all adjustted right? on my old rex I replaced my head, and the shit was all loose so when i started it it rattled like hell. I would seriously just go back and double check that before you assume its something else. And also it doesn't sound like the tranny if it makes the noise with the clutch in. When the clutch is in, the tranny is disconnected from the motor, so it shoudn't make noise.

Basically if all the cam stuff is good, then i would probably start checking out the bottom end next.

thanks for the helps. now that the noise went away mysteriously. what i am worry is the low copression. normal compression for a GSR would be 270 max and minimum is 135 and maximum variation is 35(this are the correct numbers, i check it with the dealer and confirm them by the infor in a site in my auto service engine class. this site were paid by the school $900 a year so its pretty accurate info). Well, I did check all the recent works that I did to the car and they all are good and tight. If possible, would someone with a GSR test their compression and compare them with mine. If someone could do this, I am really appreaciated. thanks guys.

Back