Low dollar 12 second all motor update.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no2psi

Well after breaking 2 axles in a week, I finally got to make a couple of passes before
getting kicked off the track. Like I said in the other post i knew it would be close but damn! I found out the car was heavier than i thought. 2220 with driver. Also a little hotter too. High 80's low 90's. Depending on what time of the night it was.
As you can see the car hooks up well even with a open differential. (The 1.83 60 foot was with 12psi and the 1.75 60 foot was with 10 psi in the tires) Thanks to the slicks and solid radius rods. I am gonna have put the car back in the garage for a while, work has got me spread a little thin. By then it will have cooled down and I can hit my 12's. Hey Brian is that bet still on? Just Kidding. Anyways Just wanted to start a new thread as the old one kinda got out of hand.
time1.jpg

time2.jpg

putting power down like that that open diff wont last long, heh, get a quaiffe

GSRCRXsi Posted on Oct 23 2003, 11:46 PM
whats your setup again?

91 hatchback.
LS/VTEC
CTR pistons
CTR cams
JG valve springs and cam gears(You get what you pay for, the gears suck)
Port match ITR manifold and throttle body.
Custom Side exit header
VAFC
Custom cross member
15x8x22 mickeys on 99 Si rims
Pretty basic. Oh yea track elavation is aprox..1200 feet.

khrisb Posted on Oct 23 2003, 11:49 PM
No shit! 12's would be there if you lost a couple pounds!!! Car or yourself!

No doubt, I may have to do the "Subway" diet. That and its crazy hot here right now. It was 104 on Monday. Crazy Arizona Weather.

B16 Posted on Oct 23 2003, 11:54 PM
putting power down like that that open diff wont last long, heh, get a quaiffe

I would love too, but the whole idea was to prove you could go pretty fast, for not a whole bundle of cash. Maybe later. The Quaiffe couldnt hurt E.T.s either.

2 litre EG Posted on Oct 24 2003, 12:54 AM
nice

Thanks bro.

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 23 2003, 10:25 PM
GSRCRXsi Posted on Oct 23 2003, 11:46 PM
  whats your setup again?

91 hatchback.
LS/VTEC
CTR pistons
CTR cams
JG valve springs and cam gears(You get what you pay for, the gears suck)
Port match ITR manifold and throttle body.
Custom Side exit header
VAFC
Custom cross member
15x8x22 mickeys on 99 Si rims
Pretty basic. Oh yea track elavation is aprox..1200 feet.

just curious but how much power are you putting down?

My best pull was 195.2 so I round up to 196. This was after the car was allowed to cool off due to the heat soak. But consistently 191 to the wheels with 137 foot pounds. I am using some B.S. EBAY Spoon chip. It really whacked out my timing. In order to make the power base timeing at idle is 0 degrees. Actually its less than that. but you cant read it. The car should not even run but it does. Because the timeing gun show aprox 2 to 3 degrees after TDC. Which would mean it fires on the exhuast stroke. WTF is that about? I need some Hondata or a standalone. But that a whole different story......

ummm 1.1 reaction time???? werk on that and do a little weight watchers then you should be in 12's.

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 24 2003, 02:25 AM
I would love too, but the whole idea was to prove you could go pretty fast, for not a whole bundle of cash. Maybe later. The Quaiffe couldnt hurt E.T.s either.

how much have you spent?

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 24 2003, 05:10 AM
My best pull was 195.2 so I round up to 196. This was after the car was allowed to cool off due to the heat soak. But consistently 191 to the wheels with 137 foot pounds. I am using some B.S. EBAY Spoon chip. It really whacked out my timing. In order to make the power base timeing at idle is 0 degrees. Actually its less than that. but you cant read it. The car should not even run but it does. Because the timeing gun show aprox 2 to 3 degrees after TDC. Which would mean it fires on the exhuast stroke. WTF is that about? I need some Hondata or a standalone. But that a whole different story......

damn see, that shiet pisses me off... im making just a LIL BIT more power than you to the ground and at least 12 ft-lbs of torque and my best pass is only a 13.43@101 [i have my adjusted sea level time listed in my sig]

grrrrrrrrr i need to see how much my car weighs, i have a feeling she is a heffer right now cause of the type-r suspension

:angry:

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 24 2003, 08:10 AM
Because the timeing gun show aprox 2 to 3 degrees after TDC. Which would mean it fires on the exhuast stroke. WTF is that about?

that would mean it fires just after the power stroke right?, i.e. the piston is already on its way down.

I understand that its fireing on the power stroke. So tell me how a car runs if you are trying to ignite after the compression stroke.. The car shouldnt even run.
You know ---suck-squish-bang-blow. Again if you are trying to ingite on after bang which is whats happening.

2 liter EG- I am sure your pretty heavy.. Cuz 13.01 at sea level is 12.84.
What type of sixty foots do you get?

how much have you spent?

The goal was 4 grand including the car, but i spent closer to 4500. But I didnt gut the car so i had to make more power and get better traction.

Seany-izzle Posted on Oct 24 2003, 11:56 AM
  ummm 1.1 reaction time???? werk on that and do a little weight watchers then you should be in 12's.

Yea less weight is always better. Reaction time however have nothing to do with E.T. Besides i was messing with my home made 2 step.

white_lightning Posted on Oct 24 2003, 08:18 AM
  i like ur car is there any way u could send some pics to my email? im thinking about the same goal you are but mine has to be on a budget so i dont think i can afford to go all engine.
mindless_self_indulgence@msn.com is my email

Sorry bro no, digital camera. I am stuck in the stone age. But i will try and scan a couple later.

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 24 2003, 01:51 PM
I understand that its fireing on the exhaust stroke. So tell me how a car runs if you are trying to ignite after the power stroke.. The car shouldnt even run.
You know ---suck-squish-bang-blow. Again if you are trying to ingite on "blow" which is whats happening.

then did you mean 2 to 3 degrees BEFORE TDC? because if it is after TDC then it is power stroke.
EDIT: now that i think about it, if it were before TDC, that would be compression stroke... ?? you have me confused now... lol

i am confused too, but it is defiantely after TDC which doesnt make sense.
Screw it ... it will still run 12's

my best 60ft is only a 1.85

i have slips in one of my galleries in my sig check'm out

2 liter EG-
Your numbers are 197whp and 150foot lbs? What is your set up?
I looked like you are using crower cams.

Back