Low dollar 12 second all motor update.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy fuck that's so close...

How'd you pull almost identical times of 13.041 at 102 and then a 13.014 at 104...lol

There's something to be said for consistency at the track.

Lose 50 lbs off the car and you're in the twelves.

TW0 Skinny ass :thumbsup: for you man! ;)

Oh....and....
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :p
header.jpg

Thanks guys, we will be selling that header along with this car and trailer,(This is my race car not the low budget beater) as soon I get it to run a 10.(All motor) We are also accepting interesting trades. Got a boat or 95 hatch plus cash?

We made the header for the race car, about 2 years ago.. I thought at the time that 2 inch tubing was waaay to big so I went 1 and3/4 all the way thru..
After looking at different, designs and talking with my race partner. We decided that bigger is better. Also the header no longer fits with our new motor mount kits, and we have to use 2 flanges. To clear the cross member.

sleepergtx Posted on Oct 28 2003, 06:30 PM

How'd you pull almost identical times of 13.041 at 102 and then a 13.014 at 104...lol

Yea I have always been consistent. I just look at the dyno graphs and pick the shift points. Then talk to my crew chief and ask him what he sees as the car goes down the track, and make any adjustments if needed. But generally speaking whatever the car is going to run, it will run on my first pass. You can tell if you make any mistakes. Or whether or not the car is wrung out.

gocivicls Posted on Oct 28 2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the info. maybe it will help out tuning mine. I have 11.3:1 CR with an all-motor LS (CTR pistons). Was a little worried about the car running on pump gas/93 octane. but "LS/Vtec" says I will be OK, and I trust him.

Good luck with that, keep us posted. I have helped tune a couple of pretty crazy non-vtec setups. I love how they sound at idle. " Blup blup blup" LOL like a mini V8.

march2003race.jpg

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 28 2003, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys, we will be selling that header along with this car and trailer,(This is my race car not the low budget beater) as soon I get it to run a 10.(All motor) We are also accepting interesting trades. Got a boat or 95 hatch plus cash?

We made the header for the race car, about 2 years ago.. I thought at the time that 2 inch tubing was waaay to big so I went 1 and3/4 all the way thru..
After looking at different, designs and talking with my race partner. We decided that bigger is better. Also the header no longer fits with our new motor mount kits, and we have to use 2 flanges. To clear the cross member.

sleepergtx  Posted on Oct 28 2003, 06:30 PM

Yea I have always been consistent. I just look at the dyno graphs and pick the shift points. Then talk to my crew chief and ask him what he sees as the car goes down the track, and make any adjustments if needed. But generally speaking whatever the car is going to run, it will run on my first pass. You can tell if you make any mistakes. Or whether or not the car is wrung out.

gocivicls  Posted on Oct 28 2003, 05:29 PM
  Thanks for the info. maybe it will help out tuning mine. I have 11.3:1 CR with an all-motor LS (CTR pistons). Was a little worried about the car running on pump gas/93 octane. but "LS/Vtec" says I will be OK, and I trust him.

Good luck with that, keep us posted. I have helped tune a couple of pretty crazy non-vtec setups. I love how they sound at idle. " Blup blup blup" LOL like a mini V8.

march2003race.jpg

i sware that looks alot like my buddy Eddie's car... he used to work for RS and Denso Plugs... and now lives in arizona...???? thats sooo oddd

but i know eddie's car already hit a 10 a couple of months ago and his car is a lil bit lighter color, but damn its almost identical

Yea, we know Eddie Mesa. Nice guy. He repainted his car silver with skulls and graphics and stuff. Looks good and hauls ass. He and Dave Chan, the owner of Import Power have the 2 fastest all motor cars in Arizona.

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 29 2003, 03:16 PM
Yea, we know Eddie Mesa. Nice guy. He repainted his car silver with skulls and graphics and stuff. Looks good and hauls ass. He and Dave Chan, the owner of Import Power have the 2 fastest all motor cars in Arizona.

dope tell eddie jason from oxnard said wassup... the guy with the tangerine orange 89 civic LSVTEC from RS.... he SHOULD remember me but if not its koo hahaha..

tell him to get his ass back to cali

:p

oh yeah BTW i've seen you at a race before... i think it was out in palmdale last season? also ask eddie if he'll be in palmdale cause i know i'll be there

B)

jason.....have you ever lived in the south bay area? i coulda swore i saw u at RS when i got my swap done there back in 1998 or 1999?

just curious...i was over there for a few days and saw a grip of "youngin's" hanging out and what not.

B)

ok im lazy and didnt read every single word in this long ass thread so if this has already been asked... i dont care.

whats your compression ratio at?

Originally posted by cointelpro@Oct 29 2003, 07:14 PM
ok im lazy and didnt read every single word in this long ass thread so if this has already been asked... i dont care.

whats your compression ratio at?

LOL, I feel you bro. Thats a lot too read for just a little info. The compression is right around 12 : 1 .
Its CTR pistons in a ls/vtec.

Jason,
I rarley see Eddie only at races. But if I do see him on a test and tune night, I will let him know. And we were at Palmdale last year. Ran against Eric Aguilar in Qualifying and looked at my timeslips at the end. Thats when he started pulling 1.3xx 60 foots. OMFG! 1.3 60 foots when your doing 1.5 makes feels like your standing still.

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 28 2003, 12:14 PM
Here is a picture of the header I am using. I will be trying to make a big tube 4-2-1 design next. 1 7/8 to 2 inch stepped. I think that this header is too small. And its not equal length either. Going for 200whp with all honda Internals.

header.jpg

i remember last year when i first found hondaswap. one of the first posts i read was about the guy who owns(ed) this crx. he was selling the motor. it was like 6 grand or he would separate the head and block. he said he couldn't compete with the higher budget racers. does anybody know what the deal is. i'm kinda curious if anybody else remembers.

i remember last year when i first found hondaswap. one of the first posts i read was about the guy who owns(ed) this crx. he was selling the motor. it was like 6 grand or he would separate the head and block. he said he couldn't compete with the higher budget racers. does anybody know what the deal is. i'm kinda curious if anybody else remembers.

Yea, thats me. I still own it. Its hard as hell to sell a race car. Especially if it doesnt run a 10. I still dont feel as if i can compete. I did sell the head and throttle bodies.
No one would buy the block. So I bought a new head, and am going to change some things, and hopefully run a 10. Then sell the car. That was my goal. I started buliding this car when, the Skunk2 car was silver, and was one of the only cars that ran 10's. And I thought hmmm.... I can do that. IT just took me like 4 years. Bahhhh.

I too am lazy... what kind of valvetrain/cam setup are you running?

Its JG single valve springs and retainers, with CTR cams.

Originally posted by no2psi@Oct 29 2003, 07:14 PM

Yea, thats me. I still own it. Its hard as hell to sell a race car. Especially if it doesnt run a 10. I still dont feel as if i can compete. I did sell the head and throttle bodies.
No one would buy the block. So I bought a new head, and am going to change some things, and hopefully run a 10. Then sell the car. That was my goal. I started buliding this car when, the Skunk2 car was silver, and was one of the only cars that ran 10's. And I thought hmmm.... I can do that. IT just took me like 4 years. Bahhhh.

I too am lazy...  what kind of valvetrain/cam setup are you running?

Its JG single valve springs and retainers, with CTR cams.

too bad his first 10 second pass was done on nitrous!!

:p

thats why he cant run at battle of the imports... actually now i think he can but he was on heavy suspension for quite sometime..

tony: its possible, i didnt live in the south bay area but i did drop off my orange civic there to get some wiring done... this was when they were at the old location before they became just machine work... but back in 98/99? its a real good possibility you did see me there

Back