Low Gearing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thr33niL

Does the gearing in the Integra trannys differ from one another? I know they are night and day from Civics.

My 92 Civ Hatch SI was running about the highest gearing Ive had.

My 95 D16 was a little lower but still around low 3's at 70MPH.

Now that I have the B18C1, I am running 4 grand at 80 mph!! That is very low gearing.. Is that about normal for Integras? I read a post where a guy was talking about running 4500RPM for an 8 hour trip and I thought he was joking.. guess not.

:blink:

Nope, that's about right. The vtec trannys are all fairly close, with the ITR with the 4.7 being the highest. LS trannys on the other hand are geared very long and nothing like B16A/ITR/CTR/GSR tranny.

Oh yea, when I go on a road trip on the autobahn, I'm at between 6000-7500 most of the trip :)

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 7 2005, 12:42 AM
Nope, that's about right. The vtec trannys are all fairly close, with the ITR with the 4.7 being the highest. LS trannys on the other hand are geared very long and nothing like B16A/ITR/CTR/GSR tranny.
[post=508873]Quoted post[/post]​

*JDM ITR

The USDM ITR is 4.4 like the GSR and 99-00 Si 5 speeds.

That's normal, I tach 4500ish at 80 mph. That's why I usually cruise around 72 @ 3900 on the highway.

Thanks guys.. as usually you all kick butt.

It was just kinda a shock to me when I first ran it through the gears. Almost seems like there should be a 6th gear. :p

I wish there was, but I ain't about to fab an adapter for a K tranny :(

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jun 8 2005, 04:00 PM
yeha ive def felt there should be a 6th gear just for thoses long trips
[post=509798]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: I wish they had 6 speeds for B series. :(

Back