Low Idle, and hessitation when giving it gas.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kelbizzle

I have a 94 acura integra LS. It has about 160k miles on it. When It warms to normal temp. The car idles loooww. Almost to the point where it wants to shut off. ( Around 300-500 rpms) Then when I'm driving it. It hesitates in first gear. Then in second it kool but If I give it half or full throttle. It kinda bogs, or doesnt go anywhere. It will slowly go faster and then finally 1000 rpms later. It finally kicks in and then get faster. It does it in third, and in fourth. Even in fifth sometimes.
Tomorrow I'm going to put some kind of fuel system cleaner in it. I'm also going to get a tune up. If that doesnt fix the issue. I'm going to take it to GW motorsports here in MD. A friend said it could be a bunch of shit. (Tune up, Fuel filter, Timing, Clogged cat) I dunno what it could be. Anyone ever have a problem similar to this?

i have the exact same problem...im guessing its fuel. Im replacing the pump, injectors, and filter soon.

check your fuel pressure.. i had the same problem and thats what it turned out to be

Thanks. These are all good Ideas. I'm really excited. I will def. Try these out tomorrow. And for those of you that are all interested. I will post a reply. Thanks again people.

I put some Gumout in it. It fixed the idle thing. I dont really notice a difference in the hesitation. It's going to goto GW on sat. I'm sure they"ll figure it out. I hope

Do you have a gauge reading on your fuel rail to check the fuel regulator.
Did you try to advance the ignition timing? If you have to advance to the max, check your fuel pressure to know if your fuel regulator works.
My car was running like yours, i swap the entire fuel rail with another one from my friend car, and found that it was the regulator. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It was the night and day, the car now run very nicely.We adjust the distributor advance , the eacv and now the engine idle is about 850 - 900 rpm with no other problems. :cool: :cool:

You dont wanna know. My cat was so clogged that thing finally blew out. So it sounds like a john deere on roids. I still Have the bogging. I havnt done anything with it. I'll have to wait until next week. I'll def keep everyone updated.

Back