Low oil pressure?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF4Life

First of all, I just want to say hey guys. I've been creeping the forum for a few weeks now, and I finally decided to join. I've got a 91 civic with a b16a swap. VTEC always kicks out in mid 3rd gear, and my ECU throws a code 22. Now I know its not a wiring problem, or a faulty sensor. My oil level is perfect, so I'm a little nervous that the problem is related to low oil pressure. My question is, if VTEC was kicking out due to low oil pressure, wouldn't I also get a oil light on the dash? Its never come on since I did the swap. Anyone know? Thanks, steve.

What do you mean "kicks out"? I know the term "kicks in at blank RPM" but kicks out? Are you saying that your vtec is always on? I'm not fully understanding the question, and that might be the reason fr no answers so far. Oh, and give RPM's, not gears.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. VTEC engages and operates normally in first and second gear, but at roughly 6000 rpm in 3rd gear it disengages and gives me code 22. Basically I was just wondering if VTEC is disengaging due to low oil pressure, would you instantly get the oil light on the cluster as well. Thanks again, steve

Back