low popping idle...help quick!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

so i have an 89 crx si...motor revs nice like a peppy sob.....but when it warms up and starts to get to a nice idle.....it goes to about 500 and sounds like a go-karts idle.....the exhaust has this annoying idle lie...pop pop pop pop pop pop......is it my ebay exhaust or is it sumthin wrong.....no cel no codes.....it revs and drives fine....and why is the idle so low at 500rpm? isnt factory between 750 and 800?......help would be appreciated like always :mrgreen:

and btw...new cap...rotor.....wires...plugs....pcv....air filter...and even shot some injector and throttle body cleaner in it to see if it would clear up nething....and nothin

I brought my idle down to 500. Check the run for the throttle cable - make sure it's in it's hold-downs.

i know for a fact its none of those.....i already checked the eash $hit....i was thinkin eacv but usually its jumpy when it is dirty......im doin my gakets this weekend so ill clean every nook n cranny of dat motor so im sure ill see whats up....thanks guys :p

my valves are ticking because they are out of spec...and i am doin my head gaskets this weekend...so ill get dat done...clogged fuel filter maybe also?

Back