lower ball joints help??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my ek3 civic vti makes a clicking sound when going over bumps ,almost like something is loose,the upper ball joints and control arm are brand new,the shocks are brand new.i suspect the lower ball joints,as they are old and dont look in very good shape..

I stronly beleive in D.I.Y'ing, ,,how do i replace the lower ball joints,is it true that they have to pressesd in using a special machine,or can i knock them in with a hammer,or maybe they just slide in,,someone please give me a breif 411 on installing the lower ball joints???????

it's not too bad... You should use a vise and a special tool, but I did mine with a heavy hammer and a heavy drift. The entire knuckle has to come off of the car.

so the knuckle and cv etc have to be removed ( no sweat i love taking things apart),and from what youre saying the ball joint doesnt just slide in,it requires some force to be put in,the other day i was fitting cv's and when the mechanic undid the balljoint,it just slid out,perhaps this indicates its really worn...thanks for the advice

when you take them apart to do cvs it should come out and if youjust did cvs check and make sure everything is tight before you do anything else

Back