Lower Ball Joints

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

So a friend of mine and I pulled my motor out of my integra tonight in favor of my B20 Project. After we removed the castle nuts from the LBJ's and seperated the LBJ from the LCA we removed the axles. With the axles completely out I wanted to put the front back together so I would be able to move the car back around into my front driveway. Well, we started the castle nuts adn the only go on so far. They do not tighten all the way. My main concern is will this be enough to push the car around to the front of my house or will it seperate... Or should I just replace the LBJ? Im going to go down and check the stud and nut to make sure the threads are ok and they arent cross threaded. Then ill probably borrow my neighbors industrial Impact and try to do that.

I think Ill put the wheels back on and lower the car down off the JackStands (and then raise it again) to see maybe that will lodge the Stud into the LCA enough to get the Castle nut back on. Im so confused.

It should be fine to move around the driveway. I just use an impact if it spins the ball joint. Blasts 'em right on. On a side note, if you have tons of miles on them, it may be a good time to replace them.

The car has 218K and it was miticulously (sp?) taken care off. But that doesnt mean shit. Ive got all the service records since 90 for the car. the last time the front end was services was in 96 @ 119K. Still dont mean shit.

So your suggestion - borrow the bigger impact if that fails replace em?

Ya I ususally don't have any problem with an impact. If you do, try using new nuts and cleaning the studs really well before trying to put the nuts on. But with 218k on the clock, might as well put new ball joints in, especially if they are easy to move around by hand.

They arent all that easy to move by hand though. Thanks for you help. Ill be in contact about that ECU I PM'd you about long ago.

Which brings up another question. If I send you the ECU to chip, and a complete mods list to tune for how much would you charge me?

Back