lower control arms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ACFlqVrcM.jpg

what exactly do they do for your ride or are they just for show?

mainly those are for show, they do weigh less than stock units and they do look prettier and they are stronger, they have poly urethane bushings in them also so they really are functional. They are mostly show tho, i put an energy suspension kit on the rear on my rex and did those arms myself, they dont weigh anything either way and they both work the same. I did however purchase a nice set of those cont. arms on ebay and they look very nice, they arent a differnt feel from the stocks with the energy bushings in them tho.
waste of money but damn they look sweet from behind haha

they are both really, they allow you to bolt up a sway bar which is a nice option and with the bushings being new the car may feel a bit stiffer. i have no exp with them i just assume these things. i dont know if i would say they are stronger than oem since i believe oem is cast iron but i could be wrong.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Jan 3 2005, 10:15 AM
they are both really, they allow you to bolt up a sway bar which is a nice option and with the bushings being new the car may feel a bit stiffer. i have no exp with them i just assume these things. i dont know if i would say they are stronger than oem since i believe oem is cast iron but i could be wrong.
[post=440454]Quoted post[/post]​

You might just go with OEM and Energy suspension bushings. I wouldn't trust an aftermarket component like that... Going around a curve at 100mph is a bad time to find out someone sold you crappy trailing arms. At least with OEM you KNOW you are safe.

don't forget that most lower suspension parts are either unsprung or halfsprung weight so shaving weight there makes a bigger difference, especially to handling.

But I have to agree about the oem vs aftermarket arms, I was kicking around getting a set of those ebay ones for awhile but the fact that they would be going on my daily driver I chickened out & got the oem Honda ones. If they would have been going on a track only car I may have considered the ebay ones a little more

advantages:
weight savings, sway mounts, camber adjustablilty (some models are shorter or longer (or adjustable) than stock, thus kicking out or pulling in on the wheel)
disadvantages:
usually gay purple and pink colors, might screw your camber beyond fix and end up going back to the stock arms, lots of cash for no real performance gain

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 17 2005, 07:24 PM
usually gay purple and pink colors,
[post=513447]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, what the fuck, why can't they make them in black, or grey, instead of penis pink.

even my gf wouldn't go for the pink ones, I can't imagine they sell alot of those...?? I dunno what the fuck those companies are thinking, wouldn't you want to make them in silver and/or black??

I bought function7 rear lca's a few months back... they retain stock geometry and are just billet Al... a little flashier than I wanted but they work

only reason I spent the money on them was because I wanted to add a rear sway bar and couldn't find a set of teg lca's for cheap

don't waste your money on them... pointless IMO unless you are doing it to add a sway bar

good to know because i just got new springs and shocks i was going to get them and do it all at the same time but i see everyone is saying to stay away from them so i will!

Back