1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lowered civic camber adjust

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by kpjuni, Dec 22, 2003.

1. kpjuni

kpjuni Junior Member

i have a 2000 civic si, slammed. im not sure how far, i bought it that way, it is running tokico struts and eibach springs. the car is lowered so far that my camber is adjusted as far as possible. and im still wearing the insides of my front tires heavily. at least twice as fast as the rest of the tire. i hear i can buy 'camber plates'. but i cant find anything like that anywhere. i hear i can get lower camber arms off of an older accord or something that can adjust farther..
    anybody know what i can do? and no, im not going to raise the car back up! heheh

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

lots of places sell camber kit for your car....

www.modacar.com go to honda then civic then look under suspension and its right there.

3. kpjuni

kpjuni Junior Member

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i know you dont give a fuck ... but having your car "slammed" like that is fucking up the geometry of your suspension
    that lowers the handling capabilities of your car
    if you were to raise it up a little and get the geometry correct
    your ride would be smoother
    your camber would be at a much more acceptable angle
    your tires will last longer
    your car will be able to corner harder
    etc etc etc

but you dont care so fuck it
    get a camber kit

hmmm did someone say "bandaid on a bullet hole???"
    whuteva

5. kpjuni

kpjuni Junior Member

whew.. easy now....

that makes scince, and thanks for the idea

6. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

how low is just right ?? i think my car is slammed and i have camber but its not that bad i think the back is like - .7 and -.8... i know this probably isnt an acurate way of messuring how to lower a car but around how many inches should the top of the wheel well to the floor be??

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

sorry im a handling freak :)

the easiest way to know if you are "too low" is to look at the LCAs from the back... they should slope slightly upward twards the middle of the car (level is OK but not quite as good)... but if they slope downward... your geometry is bad and your handling will suffer

there is not much you can really do about this unless you have adjustable coilovers
    unless you switch to a taller spring

on my sol i have 6" ground to chasis in the rear with .5" rake to the front for a measurment of 5.5" (i think it ended up being 24.5" to the tops of the wheel wells front and rear {2 fingers of wheel gap}... not 100% sure on the number though ... i set it up almost a year ago)

8. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

i got those neuspeed race springs (2.0, 1.8) and my car is just fine looks slammed but handles better than any car out here :D . In fact its so low i couldnt get my buddies lift under it to get an oil change. thank god speedy has those trenches

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted