Lowereing My Lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jspec

I just need to know if my wheels are gonna camber inwards to the point where im gonna have to buy a camber kit. my buddy has an 89 civic which he lowered quite a bit and his wheels didn't go in very much, so i was just wondering if it would be the same for my 88 prelude.

well i have no idea about that generation lude, i lowered mine 1.3 inches with h&r springs and my camber is off 1.32 degrees... not too much, and helps me a lil bit in the turns.

1.32 degrees is not good man. My buddy lowered his 91 hatchback with the eibach sportlines-not sure of how low, on stock struts, and he has 1.5 degrees off and he has some bad uneven tire wear. For the rear, you can kind of jimmy rig a camber kit thing which is pretty much the same as the ones you buy, for under 20 bucks without labor. My car's camber is off 2.2 degrees and it has only been driven 1k and I can tell noticeable camber wear on my tires already, and its only dropped 2.0 inches front, 2.25 inches rear. MY suggestion, buy a camber kit when you drop it.

sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you cant. Bottom line is camber kits aren't too expensive, so buy one if its even close to needing it. It's also true that slight camber can help cornering, as more tire will stay in contact.

Back