lowering civic sir

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

I'm putting on 17" rims on a 99 sir and I wanna lower my car what springs will give my car a good look. I hate looking at the huge gap in the wheel well. I'm just wondering what I should go with and how much it will lower.

well unless you live somewhere other than the us then you dont have an sir but whatever. 17 inch rims arent going to give you a lot of love on this board but any spring with a 2inch drop will look good or some coilovers its up to you which ones you want.

tein s tech springs are nice for the money and usually give a 2 inch drop. I have them and tokico illumina shocks with a progress camber kit, rides really nice/looks good.

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Apr 12 2004, 09:07 PM
yah I live in canada Vancouver so I do have an sir

ok thats why i didnt make a huge deal about it, just get a lot of posers on here you know.

pretty much the most common and decent performing springs are the neuspeed race.

i love my neuspeed race springs, but they are a bust your ass ride, i highly recommend replacing your dampers along with them.

Eibach
Tein
RS*R
Tanabe
Progress
Skunk2
H&R

there are a ton more brands then that, and as long as they arent APC Dropzone, you are probablly safe, it just depends on what you want to do with them, if you just want them to look good, then get the cheapest ones you can get, if you want good performance, go with Neuspeed Race or any of a hundred other brands.

what about skunk2 springs they claim to lower 2-2.25 inchs. If I lower 2 inches will I need to change my shocks. how low can I go b4 I need to change shocks and is a camber kit needed.

if you get skunk2s you will need new dampers, and you COULD run without a camber kit, but any lowering over an inch i would recommend a camber kit. if you want a killer package, get the Skunk2 coils, Tokico Illuminas, and a camber kit. you are lookin at about $700-800 for that setup.

If you just have to run 17"s, get some coilovers and don't rely on someone to make a spring that is going to drop it perfect. You wan to have some adjustabilty incase you rub.

Back