Lowering springs, Right choice?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ichigo1174

VIP
Hey I know this question is probably asked a lot but I looked and found some answers but not all.
I'm wanting to lower my car, Its going to be street use only and I'm kinda on a tight budget. I've decided to go with Skunk2 because of all the Good praise I've heard about them. I was thinking about going with an adjustable coilover set (adjustable spring) and camber kit (front and rear) from SwapshopRacing.com I'm I'm going for the Pro series instead of the tuner series as far as the camber kit goes.
But then I thought, wait. I've read that the >$800 coilover kits really really suck, so I've decided to go with lowering springs because they would handle better and not have as rough of a ride.

Its actually cheaper to get everything from Skunk2 directly then swapshop when ordering the camber kits and springs for $542 after shipping and everything.

My question to you guys is am I right in assuming lowering springs are better than the $300 coilover setup from skunk2? Also, Is there anything I'm needing such as more shocks or struts when using the springs?
Later down the road when I get more money I was thinking of replacing the LCA's with Skunk2 as well and possible getting a lower arm bar.

I thought it would be a good idea to start with the suspension setup of my car while it gives me more time to get money and find better deals for the engine. ^_^
-Nick

whenever lowering a vehicle its suggested you put aftermarket shocks to support the springs.. the OEM units will most likely wear out 5 times as fast

I will tell you this- I just dealt with Skunk2 last week directly while ordering my replacement coilover for my crx. It has to be, by far, one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. I would definately recommend them as far as that's concerned. The sales guy went out of his way to help me out from the initial ordering to payment all the way to shipping.

Thanks, I was considering just going with maybe the pro S coilovers from skunk instead of the lowering springs + shocks because it would only be about 200 more dollars... But I won't have enough money. So I think imma stick with the lowering springs and shocks from Skunk. Thanks guys ^_^

Back