lowering springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
i posted this in the suspension forum already but no one has responded! i wanna drop my hatch a little bit, im not racing anywhere i just wanna look good and of course im on a budget so i was lookin at the eibach pro kit. next week im ordering 15x7 em1's to go with it. anyone have any opinions on these springs?

do you have to buy shocks? or is it just a smart thing to do.. i have a buddy trying to tell me i dont have to

The correct answer is that it's a VERY smart thing to do. You don't necessarily need to replace your stock shocks, but they're much more likely to blow out on lowering springs, so you may end up doing it anyway. Also, there are performance benefits to using after-market shocks as opposed to stock ones when lowering...

Last edited:
yes exactly.... you dont HAVE to buy new shocks as your stock ones will work with a mild drop of only 1-1.5 inches but you will see much improved performance with some performance shocks. i also really like kyb agx's and i doubt you will be dissapointed.

also worth mentioning, the stock shocks only last for so long anyways... if you have a bunch of miles on your car its time for new ones.

you can make them work but you have to switch forks, plus the spring rates might not be quite right. you should probably just buy the right springs for the chassis.

Really give those neuspeed sport springs a good look. They will give you a factory like ride (not harsh at all) but will firm up in the corners. They don't slam your car either, just lower it a little. Don't confuse the sports with the racing springs.

Really give those neuspeed sport springs a good look. They will give you a factory like ride (not harsh at all) but will firm up in the corners. They don't slam your car either, just lower it a little. Don't confuse the sports with the racing springs.
yea i dont want anything over 1.5". i just wanna take that fender gap away.

Last edited:
you can make them work but you have to switch forks, plus the spring rates might not be quite right. you should probably just buy the right springs for the chassis.

:werd:

Buy springs made for specifically for your car...

yea i dont want anything over 1.5". i just wanna take that fender gap away.

Have you considered the Tokico HP package? You can buy it for about $350 - $400 on E-Bay, and it comes with 1.5" lowering springs AND their "Blue" series shocks. It's a decent little package for somebody who's just interested in mild lowering...

It has to do with the mounting points between the shocks and the control arms. The set will work fine for either car...

Back