Lowering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SaintJude

Hi, I'm fairly new to the entire 'tricking out' process and recently bought myself a project Civic. First thing first, I'm looking to buy either coil overs or springs. Now I know coil overs are adjustable, but I heard they were a bitch to balance and if they aren't the right brand then you might as well forget it. So, I was leaning towards springs to save some money and also the fact that I just want them for regular street riding, nothing special... only for stability over mediocre turns. As for the camber kit, I've heard its a must but I want to hear the opinion of people here. I've heard that tires wear down hella fast and sometimes worse, wheels sticking out all 'butterfly' without them after a while. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I like the springs because of the ride. If you don't get a good set of coilovers, you'll be bouncing all over the place and I think that looks rediculous. As for camber, I belive if you only go down an inch to an inch and a half your ok, but anything over you'll be way off camber. No matter what you do, go to an alignment shop asap after you drop it. Otherwise you'll kill your tires fast. Also with camber, if you were racing, you'd want the camber to be off a little moreso more tire is planted when turning, but for what it sounds like your doing, you won't want that. So if you go down more than an inch and a half, get the kit, otherwise, I think you'll be cool. Late

go for a nice Neuspeed spring/ Tockico shock/strut setup. You will get a nice ride, better performance, and increased curb appeal for only about 450$.

So forget the camber kit if it's only an inch and a half and get Tockico shocks instead? Is that $450 estimate with or without installation taken into account? I figure I could probably do the springs alone but I have no friggin clue about shocks or the camber kit.

i suggest KYB gr-2 shocks (non-adj. gas) instead of the tokicos (blues). ive had them both and the KYBs made the handling better. they cost the same too.

of course, if you can afford them, get the KYB-AGX's (adjustable shocks)

Okay, thanks. I'm not getting a Camber Kit since it will save me hella money, and from what I hear I won't be needing it since I plan on dropping only an inch and a half. I'm ordering the Tokico Blues lowering kit from coximport.com for $371 and I was wondering if anyone could point me to a site with instructions so I could install the parts myself without paying some shop to do it, unless you think otherwise and tell me that only a fool would with their suspension. Remember I am a humble noob :worthy: I know nothing!

Back