lowering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thiebert

do i need to get my car aligned when i lower it? and camber kit it?

camber kit only if lowered past 2 inches.

definitely get an alignment though, unless you want to buy new tires in 3 months.

Yea, it's a good idea to at least have it looked at to make sure it is still in spec.

doing it right the first time WILL save you money. :)

TRUE.. I just had to buy two new tires because I didnt do it right. Two high performance, low profile tires. Set me back $140.00

I dropped my CRX 1.8/2.0 inches with neuspeed springs.. with a b18a sitting in the bay, and starting with good camber, here are the readings.

specified is factory recommended
Actual is what my car was reading after the drop and swap.

Front Left
Specified: -1.0 to 1.0 degrees
Acutal: -2.2 degrees

Front Right
Specified: -1.0 to 1.0
Actual: -2.0

Rear Left
Specified: -1.4 to .6
Actual: .9

Rear Right
Specified: -1.4 to .6
Actual: .9

So, the front has too much camber and will need to be corrected with a camber kit. The rear is just fine.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 20 2005, 10:47 PM
camber kit only if lowered past 2 inches.

definitely get an alignment though, unless you want to buy new tires in 3 months.
[post=514650]Quoted post[/post]​

Camber kit only if it's lower than 2"? But won't it still wear pretty bad on the tires if there's no camber even if you lower it 1.5"?? I am thining of lowering mine, but I want to do it right. I won't be droppping it lower than 2" but I think I still might get a camber kit, with shims in the back

USUALLY....you don't need a camber kit unless your dropping over 2 inches....USUALLY.

Me on the other hand, I do need one, and I'm not dropped 2 inches. I'm not going to get one, but I do need it. I'm dropped on TEIN Super Street Coilovers, and went in for alignment last week. We could get the toe perfect and the caster perfect, but my camber was out maybe .35 degrees on all sides. That was as good as we could get it. That was very close to stock specs, but on the alignment CPU, we were still in the Red by a long shot.

Anytime you lower your car, the alignment goes out. Wether it be the caster, toe, or camber. You HAVE to get it done. So go in, get your alignment done, and see where you stand. You may not need them.

Dont spend $$$ if you dont have to.

Back