Lowe's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
K, so, how to start this...

In July, 2003, I recieved a surgery to implant an LVAD into my chest, (Left Ventricle Assist Device). They used a blood thinner , Heparin, that I was allergic to, i threw a few clots, and BAm, stroke. On September 22, 2003, I recieved a Heart Transplant at Medical City Dallas Hospital. The donor was a 15 yr old girl. The next Easter I found out that I had contracted non-Hodgkin's Type B lymphoma, cancer.

I told you that story to tell you this story. I was recently admitted to the same dallas hospital because of some chest pains I had. Turns out i had CHF, or Congenitive Heart Failure. Because I was in the hospital, Of course I couldn't go to work. I work at Lowe's as a cashier whilst I go to school. Well, when I was admitted, my father called and told my direct manager that I was in the hospital, and wouldn't be able to come in, 'til further notice.

I recently called them, 'cause I just got out of the hospital, and They told me since I had 6, "no call, no shows" That my status showed that I quit, and was therefor terminated.

I smell a lawsuit. Equal opportunity employer anybody? Needless to say, I'm pretty pissed, I'll mull it over tonight, and call some legal advice in the morn.

oh shit.. That's rough. I never knew that stuff.

Lowes will go with reason after reason to fight you in court. And when you win, you'll lose because your lawsuit is capped while your lawyer's fees are not.

You're a survivor, fuck them. You should be touring the country in a cool job, fuck working as a cashier.

Lowes doesn't have "morals" anywhere in their business plan. They have contracted and highly paid lawyers that will chew you up and spit you out unless you have a lawyer so despicably evil that they eat babies.

My lawyer will kill a baby, but won't eat it.

I think this is a kick in the ass to jump start something good. Fuck cashiering. You can make money in any town without flipping a burger, working a register, or pumping gas. And doing something that you are proud of too.

You of all should know that life is short, and risks are a matter of perception.

Quoted post[/post]]
Lowes doesn't have "morals" anywhere in their business plan. They have contracted and highly paid lawyers that will chew you up and spit you out unless you have a lawyer so despicably evil that they eat babies.

My lawyer will kill a baby, but won't eat it.

I think this is a kick in the ass to jump start something good. #### cashiering. You can make money in any town without flipping a burger, working a register, or pumping gas. And doing something that you are proud of too.

You of all should know that life is short, and risks are a matter of perception.
Where do I even begin to find a job that will mean something? I looked for like 2 days when I got this job, I still live with my father, 'cause I have 9 scripts, one of which is 6K a month.

I have medicaid, which pays for three scripts a month, the rest is out of pocket. SSI pays 550 a month, and that isn't enough to live or pay for gas anymore.

*edit: not that Lowe's is by any means a major breadwinner, but it's an extra 600 a month, which really helps

move to canada. The health care pays for everything but a portion of scripts, and you can get coverage for that portion for 50$ a mounth. I have a diabetic mother and all her crap runs her about 10$ a mouth out of poct.

I can be as active as anybody, the only residual effect is that the stroke affected the left side of my body, so I have a slight limp. That limp intensifies if I get too tired.

I'm doing a lot better now, they did a biopsy the other day, and it came back a 1B, which is just a step off of perfect. perfect is a 0, where 4 is the absolute worst, i.e. new heart. My biopsy when I had the CHF was a 3B. Normal for me is a 1A. Because of my young immune system, there is always a little bit of rejection.

But yeah, I can do pretty much anything you can, but I haven't learned to run yet, I barely have walking down. :laugh:

Tell your previous manager at Lowe's to go F himself, and to give you your job back. (Until you can find something better.)

6 no shows-no calls? thats a little sketchy, if i was your boss id fire you before that lol, not to be a dick. but 6 isa little much. Im not tryin to play off your illnesses on you not going to work, i know what its like to have to go thrua ll that stuff, my closest cousin has had to go thru sugery for her heart and treatment since she was like 8.

but that sucks, and instead of suing them, why not talk to them? see what they have to say.

Woah....

Um...

I would definitely have to advise against smoking.

And I say fuck it, you're gonna be tied up in years of legal bullshit and probably end up with not much to show for it.

Move on, find a better job.

I did talk to them, they said i was terminated. I'll try the head, head hancho tomorrow. and all 6 were accumulated during my 2 week stay in the hospital. it's not like i've done it before.

and civicious, yeah, lol, I don't smoke.

Oh, well in that case, then id definately be upset. i dunon about sueing them, but bitching till you get your job back is something you have going for you.

That's the plan for right now, but Dan, the fag I talked to, was pretty adamit that he didn't want to deal with me, i was fired, and that was that. I'm sure if anything, corperate would have something to say.

The whole suing thing was a stretch, but I was pretty pissed at the time...

yeah, no doubt you were pissed. Id go into Lowes tomarrow and go up to your boss or the head boss and talk to him face to face. Face to face contact is so much more valuable than ppl think. Even if its just bitching about how you want yoru job back, face to face talking goes a long way. Explain your situation, your circumstances, and how your family wasnt too pressed about how your job status was and more for your health.

Back