Ls Block Walls"how Much Power Can It Handle"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tomtom

does anyone know how much power a ls block(b18a )can handle
(i got crower rods and je pistons in it)
i didn t put a block gaurd or sleeve it (i should off)
it s a ls-vtec with a 94 gsr head with a jrsc and direct port nitrous.( compression is 180 don t know c/r)
i got a 6lb pulleyon it . I m trying to get hondata and dyno tune it afterwards i to jet the nitrous can i do 200 shot?
(im thinking it can handle 400hp) i hope those walls hold!!!
thanks

My guess is No. 400hp on a stock block :huh: . That is a shit load. I say build the block first before adding NOS. :)

.( compression is 180 don t know c/r)

This makes no sense :huh:

i to jet the nitrous can i do 200 shot?

HOLY SHIT! :eek: 200 HP shot of nitrous will blow that MOFO, do you reallize how much power that actually is? I hope your planning on using this car only at a track, b/c thats useless and extremely dangerous on a daily driver. :blink:

i hope those walls hold!!!

Keep hoping <_<

If you want 400 Hp I would suggest going the turbo route and build that sucker up, the hondata is a good idea as well. B)

you will not hold a 200 shot on top of the JRSC. might make it once- might make it twice, but it will blow up at some point.

the block isnt stock
i listed the crower rods and je piston

Originally posted by Baker@Apr 13 2003, 10:31 PM
if you don't know what you are doing you shouldn't mess with your car

i guess im just some dum ass that knows how to built motors and tune then!!!

Originally posted by luVTEC@Apr 14 2003, 04:32 AM
.( compression is 180 don t know c/r)

This makes no sense :huh:

i to jet the nitrous can i do 200 shot?

HOLY SHIT! :eek: 200 HP shot of nitrous will blow that MOFO, do you reallize how much power that actually is? I hope your planning on using this car only at a track, b/c thats useless and extremely dangerous on a daily driver. :blink:

i hope those walls hold!!!

Keep hoping <_<

If you want 400 Hp I would suggest going the turbo route and build that sucker up, the hondata is a good idea as well. B)

compression check shows 180 psi all across
i don t know what the compression ratio is.

i want to change the jets from my 80 shot to at least 120 or so

if a stock ls block can handle 350 hp (tuned)
i figure my built short block can handke 50 more hp

boosted horsepower is a lot different than juiced horsepower.

boost is physically throwing in air, causing the computer to throw in more fuel.
no2 is throwing in a substance that burns very cold and very rapidly when mixed with air and fuel. it releases its oxygen molecules, and thus the computer calls for more fuel. BUT, because it happens so fast, the fuel sometimes cannot keep up and then you start melting pistons... forged or not.

for example,

s3db7dd384e564.jpg

i have a friend with a teg gsr with aftermarket pistons and rods...running the 200 shot plate N.O.S. injection...ran a 16.12 at the track last season...hes been using the juice every now and then, blows headgaskets constantly, incredibly loud ticking, runs like shit, goes through rings every 2 weeks, etc

seriously, just get a bigger pulley for the blower, or better yet- ditch the blower and buy a turbo :)

then when you want more power its just a turn of the knob on the boost controller :D

Originally posted by SolReaver@Apr 15 2003, 05:18 AM
i have a friend with a teg gsr with aftermarket pistons and rods...running the 200 shot plate N.O.S. injection...ran a 16.12 at the track last season...hes been using the juice every now and then, blows headgaskets constantly, incredibly loud ticking, runs like shit, goes through rings every 2 weeks, etc

seriously, just get a bigger pulley for the blower, or better yet- ditch the blower and buy a turbo :)

then when you want more power its just a turn of the knob on the boost controller :D

200 shot and a 16.12??????

yea, this dude is a serious fucktard...he has the progressive n.o.s. timer but its all out of whack and everything is fucked up...the tires spin down the whole track and he can barely keep it from hitting the wall :thumbsdown:

dam the jrsc is a pice of shit...
i got a 6 and 9lb pulley but it wont make enought power. Thats why i got the direct port.
should i get a 12lb pulley and stay with 80 shot or go down to at least 50?

i wanted to stay with the six lb pulley and 200 shot to sand bag people.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 15 2003, 04:09 AM
boosted horsepower is a lot different than juiced horsepower.

boost is physically throwing in air, causing the computer to throw in more fuel.
no2 is throwing in a substance that burns very cold and very rapidly when mixed with air and fuel. it releases its oxygen molecules, and thus the computer calls for more fuel. BUT, because it happens so fast, the fuel sometimes cannot keep up and then you start melting pistons... forged or not.

for example,

[

is this 4 direct port 2?
i mean its mixing air and fuel at the nossles

Even with upgraded pistons and rods, your insane. This is a Honda engine. Not a fucking Viper motor.

200 shot ? LOL.

I'm surprised you can even get a 200HP Shot of nitrous, The largest shot I've ever seen was a 150 HP shot and that was used on a fully built C5 corvette.

Originally posted by CapNRob@Apr 15 2003, 02:07 PM
(im thinking it can handle 400hp)

Even with upgraded pistons and rods, your insane. This is a Honda engine. Not a fucking Viper motor.

200 shot ? LOL.

dam the jrsc is a pice of shit...

Actually its not.

:ufucktard:

On another note, resleeve the block before you even attempt that. Also, I hope you have a metal head gasket and upgraded all your connection bolts (rod bolts etc, pins if thats what you want to call them). 400hp on stock walls is a little nuts o, but who knows when it will break. Maybe tommaro, maybe a month from now, maybe 3 months from now. Better safe than puddle of oil and metal :)

Back