LS block with GSR Pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jtornado

I was wondering what the compression ratio would be if I put 9:1 GSR Rods and Pistons in a LS block and head???? I noticed that the GSR rods are longer than the LS.

So there for I can't use my rods???? Could I just get a GSR Crank and put that in the LS Block cause the gsr stroke is shorter than the LS?????

Last edited:
Yes, you can put a GSR crank into an LS block, but you have to use the GSR rods. There's really no point in putting a GSR crank in- the stroke geometry gain isn't worth the trouble and displacement loss. Unless you just happen to have all these parts laying around and it's the cheapest route for you, I would stick with the stock LS crank- or better yet- run the LS crank in the GSR block.

sadly the one at zealautowerks.com doesnt work anymore....the others arent nearly as good.

yea thats where I always went to figure out compression and stuff. Well I do have GSR Pistons and Rods and I was gonna use those for my ls but I Guess that wouldn't work. I Can easily get a GSR Crank. What is the better route. Sell my GSR Pistons that I just bought and Buy LS Pistons and Rods or Use the GSR Pistons and rods with the GSR Crank. I just want low compression cause the pistons are 9:1 C/R for the GSR Application.

Back