1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS block with GSR Pistons

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by jtornado, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jtornado

jtornado New Member

I was wondering what the compression ratio would be if I put 9:1 GSR Rods and Pistons in a LS block and head???? I noticed that the GSR rods are longer than the LS.

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You'll run the pistons into the tops of the combustion chambers.

3. jtornado

jtornado New Member

So there for I can't use my rods???? Could I just get a GSR Crank and put that in the LS Block cause the gsr stroke is shorter than the LS?????

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yes, you can put a GSR crank into an LS block, but you have to use the GSR rods. There's really no point in putting a GSR crank in- the stroke geometry gain isn't worth the trouble and displacement loss. Unless you just happen to have all these parts laying around and it's the cheapest route for you, I would stick with the stock LS crank- or better yet- run the LS crank in the GSR block.

5. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

sadly the one at zealautowerks.com doesnt work anymore....the others arent nearly as good.

6. jtornado

jtornado New Member

yea thats where I always went to figure out compression and stuff. Well I do have GSR Pistons and Rods and I was gonna use those for my ls but I Guess that wouldn't work. I Can easily get a GSR Crank. What is the better route. Sell my GSR Pistons that I just bought and Buy LS Pistons and Rods or Use the GSR Pistons and rods with the GSR Crank. I just want low compression cause the pistons are 9:1 C/R for the GSR Application.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted