LS build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JintegraLS

New to Honda and its motors. Just purchased a 95 integra (I think with B18B) and want to give it some balls. I've been reading existing posts and I just cant decide on what I want to do. The bad thing is that it has 120,000 miles. Body and interior is clean; engine runs great. I have about 3000 to spend but dont know if I should save to do swap, rebuild the engine with cams, pistons, n' stuff, or rebuild and add turbo. Please help!

First give yourself some goals.

is this going to be your everyday car, or do you want it to be a track beast?

lets start there...

Street legal racer.........you know for the times you just feel like getting on it. Yes, this is my everyday driver and would like to keep gas mileage.

How much does a rebuild usually cost on that engine? Should I put anything else on the engine (cams, etc.) while I am getting it rebuilt? Which turbo should I go with (Greddy)?

well before you plan on running anything, get your motor checked out to see if it's running in tip top shape, you don't want to be sinking cash into a busted motor.

I would get it running at par and then move from there

If it is....................other than the turbo kit, should I add anything such as cams, port and polish, or pistons since I am getting the engine rebuilt?

if the engine is an ls i would go ahead and have the head ported and polished. the ls heads have crappy air flow but a good port and polish can fix that.

Back