LS cams into 91 Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Can this be done. A friend of mine has a 91 Prelude Si which he just got and wants to do something to get a little more power. Please help

I assume you mean integra LS cams. It seems like it should be possible, since they are both b-series motors, but everything I have learned about the the b20a has always been that it's an exception to the rest of the b-series motors, and stuff doesn't necessarily match up. You would probably have to set them in there and see how everything lines up. Don't take my word on it, i'm just putting my $0.02...

I am also just guessing, but I doubt if they would be the same. After seeing how many differences between the F22A1 and the F22B1, I wouldn't be that hopeful. But if you have them just laying around, it couldn't hurt to look.
Or buy some regrinds from the local parts store. Probably not that much, but they want your old cams for cores.

I think the bore centers are spaced the same between the B20A and the rest of the newer B series engines, so you might be able to do it. Pull his valve cover and compare the cam journals to another B18/B20 and make sure they're located in the same place, and that the camshaft diameter is the same too. You just might be able to do it.

Back